• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verification of Former Service (VFS) [Merged]

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
TrunkMonkey315 said:
career satisfaction.

And with all careers you have good days and bad days. 
I personally weigh the good days vs the bad days - I was previously at a point in my career where the bad days were vastly overshadowing and greatly outnumbering the good days; I made some career changes and now the good days outnumber the bad days by a landslide.

I recently reapplied after 10 years of being out. I applied as infantry in 2008 and hurt my knee 4 weeks into basic. I received surgery but was informed I would need to reenlist as another profession as my knee would never be the same. I VRed as my heart was set  on infantry. 10 years later weapons tech is calling my name as a career.
I applied June 6th of this year and was told they are waiting for my medical record to come from the archives in Borden. Does anyone have any idea the time frame I should be expecting? Appreciate any help. Thanks!

TerranceTheRabbit said:
I recently reapplied after 10 years of being out. I applied as infantry in 2008 and hurt my knee 4 weeks into basic. I received surgery but was informed I would need to reenlist as another profession as my knee would never be the same. I VRed as my heart was set  on infantry. 10 years later weapons tech is calling my name as a career.
I applied June 6th of this year and was told they are waiting for my medical record to come from the archives in Borden. Does anyone have any idea the time frame I should be expecting? Appreciate any help. Thanks!

I don't have a time frame for you but keep in mind that many people are on leave (it is summer), and medical section is short staffed. 

Hello,

I just switched my application to regural forces after 2 years of waiting to get hired with the reserves. Everything is complete now with my application. What happens now? When is the next selection date for infantry, armoured and combat engineer? Thank you

Armystrong94 said:
Hello,

I just switched my application to regural forces after 2 years of waiting to get hired with the reserves. Everything is complete now with my application. What happens now? When is the next selection date for infantry, armoured and combat engineer? Thank you

Without knowing what was previously done on your file it is impossible to tell you what happens next (i.e. we don't know if you've written the CFAT/TSD, done your medical, started your security clearance, etc).  Your best bet is to contact your Recruiting Centre and speak with someone about the specifics of your file.

Hello

Thanks for the reply, everything is complete with my file. Will I have to redo anything on my application? Also how long does it take to receive the file from the reserve unit to the regural force recruiting. Thank you

I posted this reply in another thread and it generally applies to your questions:

Your application will be processed (medical, background, CFAT ect…) until you are placed on the competition list.
The number of positions is not important until you're on the competition list.

Once on the competition list:

- option 1: Your application will remain until:
      - result a) You are selected and offered a position, or

- option 2:12 months have passed and you:
    - result b): do update your file ect...see option 1, or
    - result c): don't update your medical, ect...see option 3

- option 3: You inform your CFRC you are no longer interested in the CAF...see result d
    - result d): The CFRC will then close your file.

How long this process will take can be weeks or years, depending on how competitive your application is
compared to all others received.

Your CFRC should reasonably receive your application back from the PRes unit with the month. Keep in regular contact to ensure your file is current.

Armystrong94 said:
Hello

Thanks for the reply, everything is complete with my file. Will I have to redo anything on my application? Also how long does it take to receive the file from the reserve unit to the regural force recruiting. Thank you

^ What kratz said :)
Best of luck in your process.

As anyone been through the re-enrollment process and thought the process just takes forever? Reapplied in april, went through PLAR and am qualified in my trade got an Offer from the CM(position number and unit) Back in June, Passed Medical and interview early July, All the other paperwork(background check and last signature from RMO ) got back Early August. Now the only thing missing is the final Offer that i need to sign to be able to start and still being told that if you haven't heard anything from us in a month call back.

Anyone can explain what takes so long to get an offer put together?

I'm on the same boat as you man but even worse. I have to redo everything all over again and wait for approval. The CAF is a joke the way they treat their ex members. I've seen people who think being a soldier is all butterflys and rainbows get in quicker then ones who already know what kind of shit their getting into again. You would think they would respect our service from before.

Armystrong94 said:
I'm on the same boat as you man but even worse. I have to redo everything all over again and wait for approval. The CAF is a joke the way they treat their ex members. I've seen people who think being a soldier is all butterflys and rainbows get in quicker then ones who already know what kind of shit their getting into again. You would think they would respect our service from before.

Do you feel entitled to go to the front of the Recruiting line?

Armystrong94 said:
I've seen people who think being a soldier is all butterflys and rainbows get in quicker then ones who already know what kind of shit their getting into again.

Attachments

• brochure.gif
    brochure.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 147
Legz said:
As anyone been through the re-enrollment process and thought the process just takes forever?

Yes. Took me 10 months to get back in. I was told part of the delay is caused by needing to pull my file from archives and Ottawa needing to review it to determine my rank and IPC. The longest wait for me was after writing the TSD to get a medical and interview, which was 7 months.

Armystrong94 said:
Yes i believe ex caf members should be priority in getting back in!
Up to what point? Technical trade skill fade is 5 years. If that person is out for longer, they likely will have to do their QL3/DP1 again. So basically we are only going to recruit someone who gets to bypass BMQ. You also have to slow down former service recruitment so people don't get pissy because they can't VOT, and pull pin to get back into the new trade. Or stop people from pulling pin to avoid a crappy posting only to try to get back in 6 months later to go where they want.

Armystrong94 said:
Yes i believe ex caf members should be priority in getting back in!

Why? You knew what the CAF was about, and in that knowledge you made an informed decision to quit. Now you find yourself regretting that decision, whether civilian life didn’t pan out as you’d hoped, or whatever. What have you done in the time you were out to be a competitive applicant off the street as you once again are? You’re gunning for combat arms, so it doesn’t look like you bring some special high-demand technical skills. You’ve been out for several years, so the skills you do have are likely quite faded. You come across as a quite bitter and jaded former member, and I would guess with pretty brief former service. There are still plenty of keeners who want to join too. You have to prove you’re a better applicant than them.

If you think the CAF is a joke in how they treat you, feel free to apply to other employers. You’re an ex-employee. You aren’t owed anything when you come back hat in hand knocking at the door again.

Brihard said:
You come across as a quite bitter and jaded former member, and I would guess with pretty brief former service.

Disgruntled former employees can have a negative influence on others.

Attachments

• attitudes.jpg
    attitudes.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 171
Armystrong94 said:
When the military learns to respect their members, maybe the rest of the country will follow.

Amen!

The good thing is that they take people back.

Where I used to work my full-time job, they gave five business days to rescind your resignation.
After that, they turned their back on you.

Armystrong94 said:
When the military learns to respect their members, maybe the rest of the country will follow.

Amen!

Respect goes both ways, and respecting the member doesn't mean giving the member whatever they want, whenever they want it.

Since your profile is completely blank, why don't you fill us in on your situation instead of you assuming you're being screwed and us assuming you're just complaining about not being greeted with a red carpet and gold throne?

Armystrong94 said:

No.

The CAF is a cross-selection of Canadian society.
When Canadians respect their service members.

Back