• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the Dumbest Thing You've SEEN Today?

blackberet17 said:
Sometime on Monday or Tuesday of this week, so a week into this whole adventure, the oil company shows up, for automatic delivery...the guy starts pumping furnace oil...into a basement with no tanks...another 60L later...

...digging recommences...

Sounds like the guy who delivered Fuel to CFB Greenwood a few years back..... >:D

THIS; apparently it was the "order of dress" for a mess dinner last week.  To all people in a position to influence these decisions: Please, for the love of all things good in this world, do all you can to stop this from EVER happening again.  It's an embarrassment to the Air Force.

Somebody needs to round up all the GIF's and lock them up.

Griffon said:
THIS; apparently it was the "order of dress" for a mess dinner last week.  To all people in a position to influence these decisions: Please, for the love of all things good in this world, do all you can to stop this from EVER happening again.  It's an embarrassment to the Air Force.

Somebody needs to round up all the GIF's and lock them up.

GO GO COMOX!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2640423/Jihad-declared-Cadbury-Malaysian-Muslims-upset-confectionery-giant-two-batches-chocolate-ended-pork-DNA.html

Jihad declared on Cadbury: Malaysian Muslims upset with confectionery giant after two batches of chocolate ended up with pork DNA

Muslim groups in Malaysia call for holy war against chocolate maker
Confectionery giant accused of 'crossing the line' after pork traces found
Dairy Milk Hazelnut and Almond 'tested positive for traces of porcine DNA'
Company recalls two batches of their product amid threats of legal action
Groups call for Cadbury factories to be 'shut down immediately'

Daily Mail
By JULIAN ROBINSON
PUBLISHED: 09:35 GMT, 27 May 2014 | UPDATED: 14:35 GMT, 27 May 2014

Malaysian Muslims have called for a holy war against the confectionery giant Cadbury – after pork DNA was found in some of its products.

A group of more than 20 Malay-Muslim organisations say they want to declare jihad against the chocolate maker after two batches of chocolate products were recalled.

The company has said that it was informed that samples of its Cadbury Dairy Milk Hazelnut and Cadbury Dairy Milk Roast Almond had ‘tested positive for traces of porcine DNA’.

According to Malaymailonline, a news conference was held in Kuala Lumpur where the groups claimed Cadbury had ‘crossed the line’ and that quick action was now needed.

The website quotes one of the group presidents, Ustaz Masridzi Sat, as blaming social ills in Malaysia on Muslims eating food that was not halal.

He told the news conference: ‘Because the person eats pork it is difficult to guide him to the right path.

‘When the day of judgment comes, that person will be wearing a pig-face because of what he has eaten.

‘We need to unite, we must declare jihad.’

One group chief, Abu Bakar Yahya, claimed the pork traces were part of a wider attempt to ‘weaken’ the faith.

Another called for a nationwide boycott on the Cadbury’s products saying its factories should be ‘shut down immediately’, Malaymailonline reports.

The organisations involved included the Muslim Consumers Association of Malaysia (PPIM), Perkasa, Pertubuhan Kebajikan Darul Islah Malaysia, Ikatan Muslimin Malaysia and the Halal Muslim Entrepreneurs’ Association.

One woman, described as 'hysterical', asked the conference whether Cadbury would now 'wash away the tainted blood in our veins'.

PPIM president, Datuk Nadzim, said talks were already underway with Malay NGOs over the possibility of taking legal action adding that he wanted Cadbury products to 'go to waste'.

The representatives also threatened to lodge a police report against the firm in the near future.

The Malaysian Islamic Development Department is already said to have suspended the halal certification of the two Cadbury products involved in the controversy.

Cadbury Malaysia said it had been informed of the porcine traces following tests carried out by the Health Ministry.

The firm says it has all of its products certified halal to fall in line with Islam's dietary restrictions and that a review of the supply chain is being carried out.

Cadbury UK has pointed out that the porcine DNA issue was entirely confined to Malaysia.

More on LINK

Now I wonder how porcine DNA could get into a dairy and cocoa product?  :dunno:

images

Ukraine's New President Faces Myriad Challenges

May 27, 2014 | 1536 GMT

Really?  Who'd have guessed.  :facepalm:

WTF?

Chinese Elderly commit suicide to avoid coffin ban

From the AFP via the West Australian news site

Six elderly people in China are said to have committed suicide to ensure they died before new regulations banning coffin burials come into force, a newspaper reported on Wednesday.
Officials in the central province of Henan demolished 400,000 graves in 2012, local media reported. The case provoked a nationwide outcry.

Locals in Anqing -- who spend up to a decade preparing their coffins -- were only informed of the burial ban in April, two months before the new regulations were due to come into force, the Beijing News said.

It quoted a local surnamed Shi as saying: "I've had a hard life, and when I'm dead I'd like to sleep somewhere protected from the rain -- inside a coffin."

(...EDITED)

Someone calling high school dress codes "systematically enforced oppression"....    ::)

PMedMoe said:
Someone calling high school dress codes "systematically enforced oppression"....    ::)
NDP voters in the making; never actually seen a callus or a blister themselves, but they know that anyone actually working must be oppressed.

I can just see Brad hanging out with Angie and their kids saying "Whew, I really dodged a bullet there."  :nod:

PMedMoe said:
I can just see Brad hanging out with Angie and their kids saying "Whew, I really dodged a bullet there."  :nod:
He was with Jennifer Aniston, I don't remember him with Gwenith Paltrow.  :dunno:

She had better have some secret powers, cause I don't think she has much else going for her, other than availability..... ::)

Perhaps she wasn't clear on what water she has control over......Only that which makes up the human body......But then again, she is a blonde..... ;D

I loved the quote from the Physicist "Here in Nebraska we believe in having an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out." :nod:

Any publicity iss good publicity. Now she's back front and centre. She's obviously not worried about how stupid she sounds. It's all about the ratings folks.

Back