• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Beer Brand of Choice

Hfx, try the Garrison at Pier 21, they have a great set up. Go local and support the city economy.  I love the Keith's brewery in Hfx but it is a part of Labatts now.  sleemans, is Sappora,

mad dog 2020 said:
Hfx, try the Garrison at Pier 21, they have a great set up. Go local and support the city economy.  I love the Keith's brewery in Hfx but it is a part of Labatts now.  sleemans, is Sappora,

Garrison has one of the first beers with locally sourced hops...and the brewery used to run a 20 dollar go nuts brewery tour I've hit a few times...

Keith's was a part of Labatt's a long time ago...a very long time ago. Labatt's is now a part of InBev,  a large multinational.

Sapplicant said:
Last week, after a kitchen safety course for job#2, a group of us went to birthday lunch the Highlander Pub on Rideau, for one of the supervisors. He got me to try a pint of Kronenbourg Blanc, absolutely delicious. Would recommend it any day, to anyone.

Finally, got it here in the LCBO and selected Beer Stores, unfortunately, only in 340 ml bottles/6 pack. It would be nice to get in the tall boys.

Today is my B-day and I have a 24 of Keith's and a 40 of Crown Royal to celebrate with.  :nod:

One of my fav brews is Tennent's Special 50/50.  I had it in a little pub in Machrihanish Scotland many years ago and just loved it.   

My best recent discovery was Krombacher, but it's only sold in Ontario.  I tend to favour Propeller Bitter, or Garrison IPA (which, unlike Keith's, is actually an India Pale Ale and tastes like one).  That or Fuller's Extra Special Bitter are usually what I have around.

I tried Waterloo Raddlermass from the LCBO recently.  There's a back story on the can explaining that it was made because a german innkeeper was running out of beer in his bar so he watered it down with lemonade.  It's actually very good. Worth a try.  Sweet for a beer but not near as bad as a Mikes Hard.

A few beers I wish I could keep in my fridge [if I had the money].. Patagonia to name one.

Normally, I'll stick with the cheap or strong: Maclays (IPA) or Milwaukee Ice  :warstory:

"war story?" I thought that was a guy with a mullet  :-[

SGT-RMSCLK said:
One of my fav brews is Tennent's Special 50/50.  I had it in a little pub in Machrihanish Scotland many years ago and just loved it. 

Haven't seen this in all of my (more current) travels. I see Tennent's and Tennent's Ice Cold. But I will have a look next time in Aberdeen and let you know.

Alpine Lager...it's a Moosehead beer made in Saint John, NB...you gotta live there to get it though.  :(

Well...that's what they say in the commercials.  You do gotta live in the Maritimes or far-eastern Quebec to get it though

I hear Okanagan is good and it was advertised in the Ontario LCBO flyer this week as a summer import. Unfortunately I cant find any....

Strongbow English Dry Cider is pretty good. It's not a beer, but it's a good beer alternative. I love myself a Rickards Red (but it's overpriced usually) and Alexander Keith's. Molson Canadian is great during hockey season because usually you get deals at bars and liquor stores (and it's a good beer) but Heineken, I find, is very smooth and great for slamming back  ;D

lethalLemon said:
Strongbow English Dry Cider is pretty good. It's not a beer, but it's a good beer alternative. I love myself a Rickards Red (but it's overpriced usually) and Alexander Keith's. Molson Canadian is great during hockey season because usually you get deals at bars and liquor stores (and it's a good beer) but Heineken, I find, is very smooth and great for slamming back  ;D
Strongbow served ice cold in a cold pint glass is pure heaven!

Magner's and Sir Perry aren't bad alternatives if you're drinking at home.

I tried the Molson Sublime tonight.

67 calories per beer.

It was close to a beer-style drink.

So if yer a fatty like me, go hard.

kawa11 said:

I once ordered a Strongbow, the bartender laughed and brought me a beer.
(Royal Oak in Orleans,ON)
:)

kawa11 said:

Magner's and Sir Perry aren't bad alternatives if you're drinking at home.

You used to be able to get Magner's on tap at the Heart & Crown down on Clarence St in Ottawa...but they still carry the cans.  Magner's is really good....Sir Perry's is too if you like Pears

Back