Author Topic: New IRP / Move policy-effective Dec 01, 2017 [Merged]  (Read 47327 times)

jollyjacktar

Re: New IRP / Move policy-effective Dec 01, 2017 [Merged]
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2018, 12:58:37 »
Whomever was the bright spark that came up with this change needs to have some serious karma payback come to visit them.

Offline stellarpanther

• Rate Post
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2018, 13:42:59 »
So can I just use my personal credit card to pay for the hotel and car rental, gas etc and just go to an ATM to get cash off the relo card to pay my own card?

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2018, 13:51:52 »
So can I just use my personal credit card to pay for the hotel and car rental, gas etc and just go to an ATM to get cash off the relo card to pay my own card?

Technically, yes. But, this just serves to highlight the absolute idiocy of the supposed benefits, efficiencies and modernism of the new way.  You also realize that if you gas up and pay for a hotel from your own personal account/credit card on the same day, that under this "new" way that only one of those user-fees you incur on your personal debit/CCard is claimable/reimbursable per day and something tells me that you'll also incur a 3rd user-fee on the cash debit you take from the reloc card to re-imburse yourself. Three separate fees incurred, only one is re-imburasable.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 13:54:57 by ArmyVern »
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2018, 13:55:21 »
Yes,

You could use your own CC for all payments, but here are the problems when withdrawing all the funds from the Reloc card for cash:
- $400 max per withdrawl,
- $2500 daily max withdrawl,
- ATM fee for the Reloc card + bank fee for each withdrawl, and
- 15 withdrawls max lifetime for the card, then it permanently locks.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2018, 14:01:43 »
Perhaps every single member who is posted should be doing up an invoice(s) to submit to BGRS for their clocked billable hours doing their own bookings, scheduling, research, form submissions, transfers, phone calls, scanning, documentation, time taken towards fixing the errors, and seperate service charges to BGRS for doing their jobs for them each time they need to log in, upload, file a receipt into their wallet, etc etc etc.
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline stellarpanther

• Rate Post
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2018, 15:00:01 »
So this does suck.  I just received my posting message yesterday so haven't registered yet therefore I haven't seen the entitlements etc, but I believe with myself and 2 dependants I am entitled to 2 rooms.

$300x4+ $1200.00
$102x 3 pers x 5 days for meals + $510.00
car rental approx. $250.00

Total: $1960.00.

If I can only take $400 per day in cash advances, I need to run to the bank every day for a week just to get my money.  This is stupid.  Why can they not just calculate the approximate cost of the DIT or HHT and do a direct deposit into the persons account. 

If hotels and car rental companies don't readily accept this stupid card then I don't see the point of it. 

Offline stellarpanther

• Rate Post
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2018, 15:04:01 »
Ok, I missed the part that said max $2500.00 per day but only $400.00 each time.  Maybe I'll have a different opinion once I actually start this process but right now it seems stupid.

Offline kev994

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2018, 15:22:33 »
My guess is that the point is they no longer have to pay loss on exchange because you could have used a card that nobody accepts.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2018, 16:00:36 »
Another new wrinkle in the move process, we discovered late yesterday.

- After the HHT / DIT, the move form is not on the BGRS portal.
- The member must know to request it be emailed to them by their BGRS representative,
- Who is required to action this request within 24 - 48 business hours.
- That movement form is submitted to Base Transport, who will arrange for the moving company.

When this change was introduced, we were led to belive everything needed was on the website. Now we discover a key form is missing, and there is nothing informing members that they must request it from BRGS. We went to Base TN and they redirected us to BGRS. Yeah for running around.

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline SeaKingTacco

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Door Gunnery- The Sport of Kings!
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2018, 16:15:39 »
So glad to be a reservist now...

Offline PPCLI Guy

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • It's all good
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2018, 17:20:06 »
Whomever was the bright spark that came up with this change needs to have some serious karma payback come to visit them.

Just post the ******.  Every year.  For 12 years. 

If that is deemed to be too extreme, do the 13 moves in 25 years that my wife and I have done (3 of them OUTCAN).

Not that I am bitter.
"The higher the rank, the more necessary it is that boldness should be accompanied by a reflective mind....for with increase in rank it becomes always a matter less of self-sacrifice and more a matter of the preservation of others, and the good of the whole."

Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2018, 19:35:46 »
So glad to be a reservist now...

Retirement is wonderful.  The policies seem to be somewhat .... difficult to comprehend. Someone remind me why Traffic Techs et al don’t do this anymore?
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

Offline Ostrozac

• Rate Post
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2018, 05:00:56 »
So, strictly hypothetically, if you were to pay all or most of your move expenses out of your own cash and credit card, and ended your move with something like $50,000 remaining on the relocard (which has a max cash advance of $7500) what happens then? Can you continue to use the relocard for random expenses, groceries, liquor, buy a motorcycle, or is a cheque cut? In the old days, you'd be theoretically able to refuse an advance and collect everything on your claim at the end as a direct transfer to your bank account, but that seems that option might be off the table.

Asking for a friend, of course.

Offline RubberTree

• Rate Post
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2018, 09:20:48 »
So, strictly hypothetically, if you were to pay all or most of your move expenses out of your own cash and credit card, and ended your move with something like $50,000 remaining on the relocard (which has a max cash advance of $7500) what happens then? Can you continue to use the relocard for random expenses, groceries, liquor, buy a motorcycle, or is a cheque cut? In the old days, you'd be theoretically able to refuse an advance and collect everything on your claim at the end as a direct transfer to your bank account, but that seems that option might be off the table.

Asking for a friend, of course.

That's what I'm trying to figure out as well...my understanding is that you can continue using the card as a visa until it expires OR you can take the remainder deposited into your bank account as a DFT...for a 1.5%  surcharge.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...someone....please tell me I'm wrong.

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2018, 10:08:41 »
We just attempted to pay for our hotel....both the "Visa" and debit would not work for the hotel's payment system. We had to use our personal debit card and must now use 3/15 cash withdrawals to reimburse ourselves.

Thankfully, the car rental agency accepted the card for payment.

IMO the card is turning into a "food only" card. From our experience.

Offline kev994

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2018, 10:20:25 »
Once you get back from your HHT and finalize that claim can’t you get the funds transferred to you bank account?

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2018, 10:28:30 »
Once you get back from your HHT and finalize that claim can’t you get the funds transferred to you bank account?

There's nothing on the BGRS portal that offers a DFT of finalized funds option.  We haven't asked our representative yet. I've only posted first hand experience.

Offline stellarpanther

• Rate Post
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2018, 10:35:35 »
We just attempted to pay for our hotel....both the "Visa" and debit would not work for the hotel's payment system. We had to use our personal debit card and must now use 3/15 cash withdrawals to reimburse ourselves.

Thankfully, the car rental agency accepted the card for payment.

IMO the card is turning into a "food only" card. From our experience.

If you don't mind me asking, what car rental company did you use? I may try to use the same company. Also, I assume then that the car company doesn't put a hold on extra fees.  I thought I read something that those fees wouldn't be able to get put on the card again since it's a cash card

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2018, 13:28:53 »
Reply # 71, page 3 of this thread.

BGRS books the car rental agency. For our HHT, it was Hertz and at the airport counter, the company would not accept the BGRS Visa Reloc card because it's a pre-paid card. We had to use our personal CC for the deposit / hold.

Offline stellarpanther

• Rate Post
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2018, 14:04:17 »
Reply # 71, page 3 of this thread.

BGRS books the car rental agency. For our HHT, it was Hertz and at the airport counter, the company would not accept the BGRS Visa Reloc card because it's a pre-paid card. We had to use our personal CC for the deposit / hold.
So just to clarify, you only had to use your personal credit card to hold the room when you made the reservation which I'm assuming is still done by the mbr and then when paying, we can use the reloc card?

Offline kev994

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2018, 14:11:58 »
Keep in mind that if you plan to use your cc for insurance it will only work if you use it to rent and pay.

Offline stellarpanther

• Rate Post
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2018, 14:56:45 »
It's been a while since I had a posting so I don't remember how this worked before either but does BGRS book only the flight and making the car reservation and then the mbr can call any hotel they want to make a reservation or does BGRS do that also?

Offline Ditch

• Established 1998
  • Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I routinely step in it, but like conflict...
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2018, 18:56:16 »
Hotel booking is all you.  HRG will book flights and car (if you want). 
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2018, 19:17:11 »
Perhaps every single member who is posted should be doing up an invoice(s) to submit to BGRS for their clocked billable hours doing their own bookings, scheduling, research, form submissions, transfers, phone calls, scanning, documentation, time taken towards fixing the errors, and seperate service charges to BGRS for doing their jobs for them each time they need to log in, upload, file a receipt into their wallet, etc etc etc.

I just finished 5 hours of printing, scanning, uploading, sorting, processing ect...to finalize three claims from our HHT. I like the suggestion for billing BRGS for our work on their behalf.

Offline dangerboy

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2018, 19:27:38 »
I just finished 5 hours of printing, scanning, uploading, sorting, processing ect...to finalize three claims from our HHT. I like the suggestion for billing BRGS for our work on their behalf.

I keep on hoping that they will discover digital signatures, printing off documents and scanning is such a pain in today's age.
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time.
- Lt Gen Lewis B. Puller, USMC