Author Topic: 1 minute late....sorry you'll have to reschedule!!!!  (Read 15841 times)

Offline Springroll

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: 1 minute late....sorry you'll have to reschedule!!!!
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2005, 09:57:48 »
Yes, he was late, but if it really was only by a minute, and not five, then they should've let him in.
If he was a civvie who was paying for a personal trainer and they were a minute late, would they be told to reschedule? No
The CF is paying for the instructors time, and with that being at a civvie gym, I am sure they have some sort of "scam" going on..like what happened to him.

By suggesting he take it to someone in charge, I was referring to a district manager or the like, not the CF. They really have nothing to do with the situation other than it is their test being administered by a civvie.

I have nothing to learn from it because I am never late, not even on my wedding day.

Cheers!
"Take every day with a grain of salt. This works much better if the salt accompanies a Margarita"

aesop081

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2005, 09:59:17 »
Treating someone like that because of a minute is not acceptable.

The only thing that was not acceptable was being late in the first place.   1 minute or 30 makes no difference.   I think that is what people here who have many years in the CF have said REPEATEDLY !!

Maybe one day, when you are all grown-up and your years of service equal more than zero you will "get it".

This thread is going around in circles and has thus outlived its usefulness.

Offline Springroll

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2005, 10:02:51 »
The only thing that was not acceptable was being late in the first place.   1 minute or 30 makes no difference.   I think that is what people here who have many years in the CF have said REPEATEDLY !!

Maybe one day, when you are all grown-up and your years of service equal more than zero you will "get it".
This thread is going around in circles and has thus outlived its usefulness.

But the only place this has with the CF is that it is their test, and that is all.
This is a civvie establishment and civvies are administering the test.

So next time you are late going somewhere run by civvies, you will just buck up and take it? Yeah right.
If you are one minute late for your dinner reservations, you would fight it a bit by speaking to the managaer or whatever?
Majority of humans would, so what makes this situation any different?
"Take every day with a grain of salt. This works much better if the salt accompanies a Margarita"

Offline the 48th regulator

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
    • Green Veterans Canada
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2005, 10:04:24 »
aesop081   agreed,

And let's see if our Arm Chair Generals would mind if their fire team partner were 1 minute late in laying down fire, when they were taking their bound.

Conspiracies even...

dileas

tess

I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.

aesop081

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2005, 10:07:07 »
so what makes this situation any different?

As mentioned before, he should never have been late in the first place.   That is what makes it different. He wants to join the CF........DON'T SHOW UP LATE !!   What the gym did is irrelevant to all this.   If he had been a few minutes early, he would not have had any problems.

Offline Ex-Dragoon

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • dealing with life not that active here anymore
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2005, 10:18:39 »
Being late for anything just breeds the feeling its ok. In the military as was pointed out its not! If we program a Harpoon missile to be on target for 1001 hrs and the correct Time on Target was 1000 then we miss our target or hit something that should not have been hit. If others are feeling this is unacceptable or they feel they can complain to someone about it you folks are in for a real rude shock. Springroll ask your husband what would happen if he arrived 1 minute after the brow was landed from his ship. After all its only one minute or being one minute late for Divisions. If your late your late pure and simple.
I will leave your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your carcasses. I will water the land with what flows from you, and the river beds shall be filled with your blood. When I snuff you out I will cover the heavens and all the stars will darken. Ezekiel 32:5-7
Tradition- Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid
Former RCN Sailor now Retired

Offline Springroll

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2005, 10:24:35 »
Believe it or not, there is a difference between being late for the CF and being late in the civvie world, and that is all i was trying to bring forward. Civvies tend to not think there are any serious repercusions when they are late, where as CF members are told to be on time or there will be(charges etc).

There is a difference between the CF and Civvie street, and I have a feeling that you guys just aren't understanding what I am saying...

Offline Ex-Dragoon

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • dealing with life not that active here anymore
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2005, 10:29:04 »
Look this guy was going to an appointment set up by the CF for the CF thus it was a military appointment. He was on military time, he was late whether deliberate or not on military time. He was in error and according to the CF must pay the consequences. Since there seems to to be a disconnect here on the differences on civillian and military time I am locking it down.
I will leave your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your carcasses. I will water the land with what flows from you, and the river beds shall be filled with your blood. When I snuff you out I will cover the heavens and all the stars will darken. Ezekiel 32:5-7
Tradition- Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid
Former RCN Sailor now Retired

Offline Gunner

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Artillery Forum Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2005, 15:04:00 »
There is a difference between the CF and Civvie street, and I have a feeling that you guys just aren't understanding what I am saying...

I disagree with this.  It does not matter if you are a civvie or a member of the military, if you are required to be at a certain place at a certain time, you make sure you allow yourself enough time to meet these requirements.  Do you arrive in class late?  Do you arrive at church late?  Doctor's appointments?  If you do, particularly on a regular basis, you have a poorly developed sense of personal responsibility.   

RULE 6 - If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

http://www.tomax7.com/thoughts/billgates.htm
Had a wonderful ~26 years in the military and still miss it.