Author Topic: Rocky SV2 boots  (Read 61355 times)

Offline Miller97

• Rate Post
Re: Rocky SV2 boots
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 19:56:05 »
I bought these boots here in pembroke before Ex Trillium Response and broke them in up where we were with neos over them, I've done a few marches with them but i really love the insoles in them, so comfortable... haven't yet had them soaked in water yet so i cant comment on how fast they dry but they are great as my friends all complain about how fast their swats die on them.

bottom line; Expensive but worth it.

MikeL

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2012, 17:53:08 »
For those interested,  Rocky Boots are selling for $189 on LA Police Gear.  It's a bit of a process as they ship directly from Rocky to the LA Police Gear warehouse then shipped to you. 

http://www.lapolicegear.com/rockyboots.html

Offline Hitok1ri

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 10:31:01 »
For those interested,  Rocky Boots are selling for $189 on LA Police Gear.  It's a bit of a process as they ship directly from Rocky to the LA Police Gear warehouse then shipped to you. 

http://www.lapolicegear.com/rockyboots.html

What has been your experience of having them shipped to you. Any idea on ETA?

MikeL

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 15:17:15 »
What has been your experience of having them shipped to you. Any idea on ETA?

I've ordered a few things from LA Police Gear in the past, and I've gotten all my packages within 1 week to a week and a half of placing the order.  Only thing that somewhat slows it down is if customs holds it to inspect(doesn't happen all the time though)

When I ordered the Rocky Boots,  it took about 5 days for the boots to get to LA Police Gear from Rocky,  and then it took a week to get some LA Police Gear to me.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 15:24:23 by -Skeletor- »

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 19:32:50 »
Rumor is Rocky has reversed their decision to turf the (non-goretex) SV2s and will begin making them again in august.
-Vally work world
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 12:22:31 »
I started wearing my 'new style' rockeys  which don't have the little breathing holes on the insides of the boots.

I noticed a huge difference with the lack of how breathable they are over the previous style. I expected a little bit but it's significant IMO.
 Even in chilly October my feat were really damp after wearing them in garrison all day- I can't imagine what they would be like in the summer.

I called the store where I bought them to see about picking up some breathing eyelet holes to put in myself and I guess it's pretty hard to get them. The store had a bunch in tan colour but they called  Rocky(company) a few months ago and the company said they are even having a hard time getting them and need to go right to the manufacture which it sounds like they are not even bothering to do.  I'm going to pop the breathe holes out of my jungle boots and have them put in the sides of my new rockeys as an ad hoc fix.

I also noticed that the new rockeys seem bigger size wise. All of my other rockeys fit the same way but these boots almost feel a size bigger, there is a lot more room in them then I'm used to. Bordering on too much room, I'm not sure why it's like that. If anything these new boots should be tighter than my 3 year old rockeys.

If you're used to a certain size boot make and you're going to get the new style of Rockeys make sure to try them on first.
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline DirtyDog

• Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012, 18:17:25 »
I started wearing my 'new style' rockeys  which don't have the little breathing holes on the insides of the boots.

I noticed a huge difference with the lack of how breathable they are over the previous style. I expected a little bit but it's significant IMO.
 Even in chilly October my feat were really damp after wearing them in garrison all day- I can't imagine what they would be like in the summer.

I called the store where I bought them to see about picking up some breathing eyelet holes to put in myself and I guess it's pretty hard to get them. The store had a bunch in tan colour but they called  Rocky(company) a few months ago and the company said they are even having a hard time getting them and need to go right to the manufacture which it sounds like they are not even bothering to do.  I'm going to pop the breathe holes out of my jungle boots and have them put in the sides of my new rockeys as an ad hoc fix.

I also noticed that the new rockeys seem bigger size wise. All of my other rockeys fit the same way but these boots almost feel a size bigger, there is a lot more room in them then I'm used to. Bordering on too much room, I'm not sure why it's like that. If anything these new boots should be tighter than my 3 year old rockeys.

If you're used to a certain size boot make and you're going to get the new style of Rockeys make sure to try them on first.
Funny, I've noticed no real appreciable difference, in both breathability and sizing, and I've been wearing the "new" style for over a year now.

I have a handful of the tan eyelets as my tans started losing them (stopped at one, on one boot, quit wearing them after that).  You could always paint those black?

MikeL

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 18:56:09 »
I've only worn the new style Rocky's so I can't compare to the old style.

I haven't had any issues with breathability or being too warm.  From what I heard about the old style(vents popping out),  IMO the mesh vents is the better way to go.  No issues with sizing for me,  I wear a size 12 shoe(and SWATs) and size 12 Rocky's fit me well. 

Offline Verge1993

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 19:56:44 »
I didn't get to wear my Rocky S2Vs when I was in the reserve but I sure broke them In when I would go hiking every weekend and I must say I have never had a problem with them. I have been wearing them for about 15 months now and not one problem yet.

I have took notice that the new Rocky S2Vs are now waterproof. Has anyone tried these?
Recruiting centre: Corner Brook, NL
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Artillery Soldier
Applied: Nov 9th 2012
File sent to CFRC: Feb 26th, 2013
First contact: Feb 26th, 2013
CFAT: Wrote in 2011-2012 Passed.
Medical: Jun 12th, 2013
Interview: Jun 12th, 2013
Merit Listed: Jun 27th, 2012
Position offered: July 4th, 2013
Enrollment/swearing in: August 8th, 2013
BMQ: August 19th, 2013

MikeL

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 22:09:33 »
I have took notice that the new Rocky S2Vs are now waterproof. Has anyone tried these?

Only the Rocky S2V Waterproof Duty Boots and the Waterproof Insulated boots, not the Vented Military Boots.
http://www.rockyboots.com/Product-Details/15876/FQ0000323/Rocky_S2V_Waterproof_Duty_Boot/
http://www.rockyboots.com/Product-Details/14788/FQ00104-1/Rocky-S2V-Waterproof-Insulated-Military-Duty-Boot/

Offline tetaran

• Rate Post
Rocky S2V boots
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2018, 01:45:55 »
I'm trying to get myself a pair of S2Vs before my summer training. Unfortunately, couple of stores I found in Canada are selling them for about $350CAD while they are only $190USD across the border. Do we have any Rocky dealer in Canada? Where can one purchase reasonably priced S2Vs.

Offline standingdown

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Rocky S2V boots
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2018, 15:03:19 »
Have you tried CANEX? Also, are you not eligible for combat boot reimbursement? $340.00 + taxes if I remember correctly.

Online MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2018, 15:26:24 »
I went straight from Rocky and they arrived in a week, great sales too on their main site
"We are called a Battalion, Authorized to be company strength, parade as a platoon, Operating as a section"

Offline Ayrsayle

• Mentor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2018, 15:27:06 »
Picked up mine here:

https://www.herooutdoors.com/searchresults?search_query=s2v

Meets requirements for the under $340 limit before taxes.

Leadership is understanding people and involving them to help you do a job. That takes all of the good characteristics, like integrity, dedication of purpose, selflessness, knowledge, skill, implacability, as well as determination not to accept failure. ~Admiral Arleigh A. Burke

"It takes 10 minutes to dress like an Infantryman, but it takes a few years to become a good one" - Jungle (Army.ca)