• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Avionics Systems Technician postings

EpicBeardedMan

Inactive
Reaction score
I did a search on here and on the forces.ca website but doesn't really mention posting areas for AVS's. Was wondering how many possible postings are on the West coast (Comox, etc) and if you have a say where you go?

I have no idea about postings.  Any base with aircraft, I'd guess.  As far as having a choice where you go, well, the CF will ask for your preferences but ultimately, you go where they need you.

EpicBeardedMan said:
I did a search on here and on the forces.ca website but doesn't really mention posting areas for AVS's. Was wondering how many possible postings are on the West coast (Comox, etc) and if you have a say where you go?

CFB Comox (unlikely as a first posting, but you might get lucky)
CFB Cold Lake - Might as well pack your bags because that is where you are going if you ask for a west coast posting.
Esquimalt - Not sure on the chances of a posting there on the SeaKings.

belka said:
CFB Comox (unlikely as a first posting, but you might get lucky)
CFB Cold Lake - Might as well pack your bags because that is where you are going if you ask for a west coast posting.
Esquimalt - Not sure on the chances of a posting there on the SeaKings.

Is comox the most well sought after posting? lol. I'm trying to pick my MP backup since Combat Engineer was taken. I'd pick AESop in a second but my math is lacking. AVS and AVN look the most interesting.

EpicBeardedMan said:
Is comox the most well sought after posting? lol. I'm trying to pick my MP backup since Combat Engineer was taken. I'd pick AESop in a second but my math is lacking. AVS and AVN look the most interesting.

What is your math level? 

And...its AES Op  8)

Eye In The Sky said:
What is your math level? 

And...its AES Op  8)

I took grade 11 financial math I believe, apparently grade 10 academic is required. Math is definately not my strong suit but in this case I'd definately study my arse off if I knew I'd be going in for AES Op  :p

Back