• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Coffee Joints

Who do you like

• Total voters
All I can say is I get very annoyed when I go to a Timmies and they don't have debit!   Seems way too common, although the various Timmies seem to be getting with the program a little more.

All this Timmie talk... now I'm going to go over to the Krispy Kreme that opened here a few months ago and give that a try.   I'm sure I'll be underwhelmed.

And whoever mentioned the French Vanilla from Timmies, you are dead on.   That thick liquid is so tasty!

BOOMER004 said:
Extra large Double Double and a family pack of assorted fat pills.

Haha..fat pills.. too funny!

All this talk about walnut crunches has peaked my curiousity.. I've never tried them but having read they are delicious I intend to introduce one (or maybe 2) to my palate at some point this weekend.  Will report back.  :)

Why do we now have interac at the drive through windows? I thought drive through was supposed to be quick. And, to those of you using interac on a coffee that costs about a buck and a half, how much do you think your lack of a twoonie costs you in service fees?

Speaking of the drive through, Stewiacke, NS has one of the largest Tim's east of Montreal. It has a dedicated driveway for the drive through that is at least 250 yds long. This thing will be blocked by 0730 on any weekday yet the parking lot will be empty. Are people so lazy that for the mere convenience of not having to get off your a** and walk a few steps they will wait in their cars and choke themselves with fumes? I see no logic in this.

My mother once worked with a gent who, as a part of a summer job, paved the parking lot of the very first Tim Horton's. At the time he said, "Who in the hell thinks they can make a living hawking coffee and donuts?!"

Cheers!

That Stewiacke store must be the one at Mastidon Ridge (or whatever the hell they call it)??  I was just there this morning and it is a BIG place.  I'm usually disappointed though at Tim's, they rarely have my favourite donut, strawberry filled.  :(

Oh Lord, someone else has been to Mastodon Ridge! When we were kids we painted the thing pink!

Yes, Stewiacke Tim's is huge, I have been across this great country and have yet to find one bigger, not that the Uber Giant Tim's isn't out there somewhere.

I would love to own the franchise for Ft Nelson, BC or High Level, AB. I think a guy would make a killing in either of those places.

scott1nsh said:
And, to those of you using interac on a coffee that costs about a buck and a half, how much do you think your lack of a twoonie costs you in service fees?

If you're paying service fees everytime you use debit then you need to take a look at your account type and perhaps get a different one--or a different bank.  I personally do not like to carry any hard currency on my person at all.  In fact, I'm more likely to pay a service fee to get my hands on some cash than I am paying a buck and a half for coffee through a debit machine.

I've got a chime in with a vote for the French Vanilla as well.  Absolute perfection in a cup.  I usually had a blueberry muffin to go with it, and that was breakfast more times than I'd care to remember while I was attending University. 

Large black every morning of school, and some early mornings with the army. Sometimes donuts.

We have a Tims in the Engineering building at Uni, and there's a Tims right by the armouries, that I pass every time I'm going in. It's a trap, I swear.

XL triple, triple for me. I have to admit though, Grande Prairie just got its first Starbucks and I am hooked on their cappuccino. Not hooked enough to pay $4.50 every time the urge comes on, but enough to make it a once a week or so thing. Don't hate me because their drinks are good!

Casing, maybe I am in denial of technology when it comes to currency. I do not bank over the net or the phone and I always have in the neighborhood of 200 bucks on me in 20's or less (My theory is that I won't be as choked about dropping one twenty as I would be about losing a fifty) I have a checking account and I do occasionally use debit, just prefer cash. I don't even use credit cards anymore!

My buddy's grandfather came to Edmonton from rural Cape Breton Island to visit his grandson. Dereck (The grandson) decided to take the old boy to the big mall for a day so grandpa could say he laid eyes on it. While they were there Dereck went to an ATM because he was low on funds. Grandpa came up behind him and said, "Dereck, what are you doing?"

"Getting money out of the bank, Grandpa" Dereck replied

"How do you do that?!!!" The old fella exclaimed.

"You mean to tell me that you've never used a bank machine, Grandad?" Dereck asked incredulously

"No need," the old boy replied,"All my money is safe under the mattress"

Different strokes for different folks I guess, I like the story though.

Cheers

Hmm, where is the Starbucks in Grande Prairie?  I was up there for a couple weeks, a couple weeks ago, and I must've missed it.  Its my hometown, and I've been back once or twice a year since I left for University in 2000... every time I go back, I'm amazed at the changes.

XL french Vanilla cap or a XL English toffee  along with a dutchie  speaking of has anyone else noticed that the pastries seem to have gotten smaller ???.  FYI avoid the Poppyseed Bagels I've seen a program on TV Myth busters or something like that these two guys both ate a poppyseed bagel prior to a drug test and they failed it seems the poppyseed bagel contained enough opiates to show up on a "random" drug test. 

I can't speak for the pastries, but last week when I stopped in for my usual (see above), the muffin looked a fair bit smaller than usual.  I don't know, maybe it wasn't smaller, but my immediate perception was that it was. 

In fact, donuts, etc. at Timmies are actually smaller.  I'm sure if you do a google search on it you'll see something about it.  There excuse was something along the lines of going back to their roots.  Something rather lame like that.  Timmies also no longer serves them fresh.  They actually pre-cook them and then just zap em in some big power nuke oven just before they are served.

On a slightly different note, I've heard that Timmy's has a double drive-through in Timmins, and it's apparently the most busy location in the country.  Anyone know if there's any truth to this?

There's a double drive-thru in Halifax, Bayer's Road.  One side for passenger service, the other for driver service.

Ok here's my take on the walnut crunch.    I had one about 20 minutes ago and it was absolutely delicious. I should have bought 2!   So moist and chocolatey with just the right amount of glaze.   Yumm!   I think a few more walnut pieces would have been nice though.   Other than that, I think I have found my new love.    :-*

I came to GP in 2001 and am amazed by the changes. The Starbucks is in the old Country Style/Mary Brown's building right beside the Mowhawk in Gateway.

Yard Ape said:
Double-double & Honey Crueler (Sp?)

I used to have the crueler all of the time too, one of my favs.  I find it too sweet now though; I'd prefer the boston cream now over it.

CALL TO ALL TIMMIE'S FANS!
TIM HORTONS NOW HAS A NEW CINNAMON ROLL.
AVAILABLE IN FROSTED OR GLAZED JUST 99 CENTS!

(They're REALLY REALLY good.   ;D)

Back