• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP (Continuing Ed Officer Trg Plan) 2003-2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAA said:
Late Feb and then again in early Jun.

Thanks. I just gave in my application. Assuming that I pass all tests and whatnot, would I be able to make that late Feb. deadline, or no?

FL360 said:
Thanks. I just gave in my application. Assuming that I pass all tests and whatnot, would I be able to make that late Feb. deadline, or no?

Probably NOT.  If you just applied, you still have to......write the CFAT, do the Medical, do the Interview, do Aircrew Selection, do the Aircrew Medical.........and the list goes on.......

Pilot is not a quick process...

DAA said:
Probably NOT.  If you just applied, you still have to......write the CFAT, do the Medical, do the Interview, do Aircrew Selection, do the Aircrew Medical.........and the list goes on.......

I understand, thanks!

DAA said:
Don't give up though......just keep pressing on!

Yep, I surely will! By the way, I have heard that one (assuming your only holding a high school diploma) can apply for the ceotp and rotp plan at the same time. Do you know how this is done, or if it is true? Thanks

DAA said:

I second this.

As I said in another thread, some of us have been working on this process for nearly a decade. I'd say even if you applied in January, you're looking at 4-8 months. There is LOTS to do.

7 years as indicated in a previous post from my first CFAT. I said a near decade. 7/10 = 70% of a year. I figured it was close enough.

It's not an easy trade to get into. If it was, everyone would do it. My recent application began last December. Mix in delay after delay and other issues emanating from one specific centre, the process carried through an additional year.

Smooth sailing now though

7 years is %70 percent of a year?  I thought you said a decade...

..just saying. ;)

Decade, nearly a decade (your words), seven years (your revised words, not in any other of your postings, BTW) -- anyway, by "working on the process", are you saying that you have been in the CF/RCAF recruiting system as a pilot candidate for seven years?  That was the basis of my question behind your statement of the process taking such a long time.

If you meant instead, that you have personally been preparing yourself for seven years in order to maximize the likelihood of your being accepted as a pilot candidate into the RCAF, that is a different issue.  That is not an issue of the CF recruiting process taking an inordinately long time, for pilot, or any other occupation/MOSID. 

Your post above implies that the CF/RCAF was a contributor to the long period that you noted.

Regards
G2G

Bzzliteyr said:
7 years is %70 percent of a year?  I thought you said a decade...

..just saying. ;)

Thanks so much for pointing that out! Was in a rush to get to work. Other than knowing I meant to say 70% of a decade.... did you get the point?

Good2Golf said:
Decade, nearly a decade (your words), seven years (your revised words, not in any other of your postings, BTW) -- anyway, by "working on the process", are you saying that you have been in the CF/RCAF recruiting system as a pilot candidate for seven years?  That was the basis of my question behind your statement of the process taking such a long time.

If you meant instead, that you have personally been preparing yourself for seven years in order to maximize the likelihood of your being accepted as a pilot candidate into the RCAF, that is a different issue.  That is not an issue of the CF recruiting process taking an inordinately long time, for pilot, or any other occupation/MOSID. 

Your post above implies that the CF/RCAF was a contributor to the long period that you noted.

Click the following link and see reply # 12 . You will notice seven years was stated.
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/108575/post-1197576.html#msg1197576   

How long did I wait? I have had this *new* application in the system for 1 year. The “CF” as you stated, was in fact a direct contributor to delays encountered, as was I.  I first approached recruiting on the subject 7 years ago. Yes, I suppose when we’re dealing with individual applications 7 years is a stretch for processing so forgive me for taking your post out of context. Yes, in those 7 years I made tough decisions and did what I could to “maximize the likelihood of being processed / accepted as a pilot in the RCAF”. From education to licensing, I did what I could to strengthen my case across the spectrum.

I’d be here all day explaining my story/situation, so maybe when and if success finds me, I will post in the personal stories section. Would make for quite the interesting read, I assure you. Maybe even grind a few gears ...

Thanks for your input and good luck    :salute:

Good day,

I've been considering a applying for CEOTP .  I know there is a requirement for time remaining on contract (13 years I believe for combat arms).  If you have less than 13 years left, can you still apply?  I currently have 8 years left but I would sign an extension if I was able to apply.  Or is UTPNCM/CFR the only way I could go?

If someone could help me out or direct me to a thread with similar info, please let me know.

thanks

You won't find very many clear answers on the CEOTP program for serving members. The administration of it is pretty muddy and complicated. In short, if you are serving on an IE20 or IE25, you will still be able to apply, and your terms of service will probably not be changed.

Let's say you're on your 17th year of service, year 17 of an IE25. You are commissioned under CEOTP as an Infantry officer. In my experience, you would not then start a 13 year Variable Initial Engagement taking you to 30 years of service, rather you would stay on your IE25, and would be looking at receiving an IPS offer at around 22 or 23 years of service (when you're a two or three year Captain, in this example).

CEOTP for serving members is an incredibly complicated subject. Do your research, talk to people that have used the program, and still keep an eye out for surprises -- the references are very badly written.

Thank you for the info, very much appreciated.  Will continue to do more research via BPSO, and will post what I find out.

thanks again.

Moreover, I'm fairly sure the years remaining required are to compulsory retirement, not years left on contract. If you get selected for such a program I'm sure they'd be happy to offer new TOS as required as long as it doesn't run you over the 60 year old mark.

"WITH MIN YRS OF SVC REMAINING TO CRA...INDICATED IN BRACKETS" is what I see on an older message I had lying around, and yes, 13 of them needed for the combat occupations. UTPNCM has the same requirement if I recall correctly, but as long as you are sub 47 years old at selection time you ought to be good to go.

I would really recommend UTPNCM as the better program, not only because of the guaranteed degree which has some utility once you get out of the CF, but if you have any rank rung on the pay is better because you keep everything. That came as a surprise to me when I as a UT compared notes with some internal selection CEOs who were pretty shocked I kept it all including spec pay (one of those murky things mentioned above).

At least apply for both if your desired occupations are available under each plan.

I'm a CEOTP (Prev Non-Commissioned Service) heres the story. While the administration is a pain in the rear. Let me dispel some myths.  Your effective date of commissioning is the day you ceased to be an NCM (you may wear the OCdt slip-ons until you pass BMOQ2) but you will be paid in the the closest IPC above what you were making before in the appropriate pay category CBI 209.211 refers. This is as opposed to once you have been an OCdt at RMC (or civy U) for 4 years while being paid roughly the same (probably less as you will either be collecting PLD and/or LDA for a Cbt Arms Trade if CEOTP).

The challenge comes when you actually try to find time to work on your degree. not always easy.  As for TOS it may, or may not change depending on your current TOS, time remaining to CRA, and the time required to reach OFP.

Air Force_fella said:
Thank you for the info, very much appreciated.  Will continue to do more research via BPSO, and will post what I find out.

thanks again.

There is no CEOTP Program for 2013.  The last one was the 2012 program announcement at CANFORGEN 137/11.  DAOD 5002-6 provides details.

No idea if there will be anything for 2014 but if there is, it is usually announced in Aug for the following year.

Just wondering if anyone will be doing the upcoming pre test for Seneca for the ceotp pilot program. If you are, please feel free to share some study tips. A recruiter told me that test is supposedly 10 times harder than the cfat, but judging from the practice tests, it seems that a review of gr. 11 math and english would be sufficient.

You guys have a lot of questions about Seneca. I'll try and answer some. I'm finishing my fourth year there at the moment. I'm doing the regular Seneca program of course (not the CEOTP since they just brought that in). From what I hear, the first CEOTP candidates started this year (fall of 2012). I don't know any of them personally since the first year is at a different campus. I believe the academic program is the same for everybody but during the summer flying semester, the CEOTP candidates will do their BMOQ & PFT or whatever the RCAF has them doing while everybody else does their civilian flight training at Buttonville (soon to be Peterborough).

Seneca does not give prior credit for aviation licenses/ratings as they want to train you their way. They do have an expedited PPL phase for those that already have theirs but that's it (and it would only apply to the civi program anyways). That being said, if you already have a CPL, MIFR, ATPL, then why are you going to Seneca? It's a 3 year degree spread over 4 years with the flying in between. So if you want a regular bachelor degree than just do a three-year degree at half the cost somewhere else or an honours degree or get the military to pay you to go to Western and party for 4 years. For the RCAF, if you have a CPL I believe that gives you a bypass on the PFT phase as well.

If you guys have any questions about Seneca feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back