• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP (Continuing Ed Officer Trg Plan) 2003-2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ezbeatz said:
.....or get the military to pay you to go to Western and party for 4 years.

You almost make it sound like a bad thing  ;)

So I decided after a lot of discussion with my girlfriend that , for my future career , I should join a civi university and try to do my degree over there , at the same time I would try to join the reserve and then switch to the regular once my degree is completed. 

But after some thoughts I'm questioning myself about the possibility of trying to reapply for ROTP next year .... Since I want to become a Pilot , other then the money factor , is there any advantages doing that ? I would try to do ROTP in a Civi-university , but I know it would make a longer contract at the end of it.  Usually you will be doing your officer classes in the summer ( which I would be doing with the reserve also ).  Would it make my career faster ? I mean would I be able to fly sooner then if I do a civi degree and then switch to regular ???

Knowing that I would most likely have done all my classes by the end of my degree ( I mean my Officer class and training as a reservist ) Will I have to do any type of classes that are different from Reserve to Reg that would add length to my career ???

Thanks a lot !!

When you applied ROTP Pilot, did you also ensure to include AEAD Pilot as well?  If you passed all your Pilot processing including ASC and your original intent was ROTP, your file "should" also be included for CEOTP - AEAD as well?

Emphasis on the term "should"....

I didn't apply for ROTP this year ( wanted to but didn't have the requirements ) that's why I decided to go to a Civi uni , but I'm thinking about applying next year , If I can stay to a CIVI uni ( not really interested in RMC )

krimynal said:
I didn't apply for ROTP this year ( wanted to but didn't have the requirements ) that's why I decided to go to a Civi uni , but I'm thinking about applying next year , If I can stay to a CIVI uni ( not really interested in RMC )

Try next year or if you want and depending on your current file status, you may want to consider AEAD at Seneca College.  Something to think about!

Edit - link added  --->  http://www.forces.ca/en/job/pilotofficer-32#ceotp

AEAD is the new program they got out that you do your degree at seneca college in toronto and you also get your wings at the same time ??? That way you save a lot of time right ??? or you only do the first fying class ( you still have to go to portage don't you ? )

krimynal said:
AEAD is the new program they got out that you do your degree at seneca college in toronto and you also get your wings at the same time ???

RCAF-Seneca Pilot Partnership 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/106261.0/nowap.html

so many pro's and con's for ALL the choices haha. I will do a little more searching thanks for everything

edited so it wouldn't get out of proportion

krimynal said:
so many pro's and con's for ALL the choices haha , So many questions left unanswered , and I think the fact that it's still a new program , there are many of questions that would only be able to be answer in some years , but the biggest thing that everyone seems to point out , is that the Seneca College degree , isn't a "true" degree , it's like half a degree , and it will probably stop you further in your career for promotion.  Don't know if it's true but it makes some kind of sense , I mean .... I guess hahaha ( as you can see I'm still trying to grasp all the info ).

WOW!......Just so unbelievable!  I hope you are not currently in the position to be applying to an institution of HIGHER Learning.  You have barely met the standards of an institution of lower Learning.

You have been on this site long enough to KNOW that we demand a higher standard of our members when it comes to written English communication skills.  So far you are a failure at achieving any of those standards.

George Wallace said:
WOW!......Just so unbelievable!  I hope you are not currently in the position to be applying to an institution of HIGHER Learning.  You have barely met the standards of an institution of lower Learning.

You have been on this site long enough to KNOW that we demand a higher standard of our members when it comes to written English communication skills.  So far you are a failure at achieving any of those standards.
I believe his first language is French, which explains some of the justifiable language issues.  Capitalization and grammar though...you would think those would be simple enough.

Even if it is French; you don't carry on a sentence with more than one train of thought.  His first sentence has nine distinct train of thoughts.

I don't think calling me a failure was really appropriate , but I don't want to carry on the subject.  Hope everyone had a good day

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/110078/post-1221994.html#msg1221994

No mention of English being his second language.

I was born in Quebec , lived in Ontario for 3 years , came back to Quebec , went back to Ontario , and so-on ...... yeah I do have problem speaking both , and writting both , which is why I'm attending night school to help me , I didn't want to piss off anyone on here , tryed to ask questions with the best of my knowledge. 

You can just lock and nuke the thread

+++ the spell check didn't work sorry for the mistakes +++

Knowing that, we can be a little patient. I appreciate the effort that you are making.

Does anyone have any current information on how this program is coming together?  I'm hearing that some details are still being ironed out.

Thanks. 

hootbag said:
Does anyone have any current information on how this program is coming together?  I'm hearing that some details are still being ironed out.

Thanks.

There are some logistical details still being ironed out, yes.  However the rest of the program is coming together quite nicely.  AFAIK there are roughly 20 or so Seneca Candidates that were recruited to start at Seneca this fall.  We are the AB-Initio batch of students, so there aren't any RCAF Pilot-candidates at Seneca yet.  The training system is currrently firing on all cylinders so it would appear that the tight timelines for the program are not completely unreasonable.  They are having us complete the majority of our smaller courses this spring/summer prior to starting Seneca this fall.  AMT, Sea Survival, Land Survival, and Phase 1 in Portage prior to the start of the school year.  It's great because there is very little time sitting around on OJT.  Seneca in September for one school year, then Phase 2 & 3 back to back starting next spring.  Upon wings grad you return to Seneca for your final semesters while waiting for your OTU, which depending on what community you're in can be very long.  It's actually an excellent use of time/rsources as far as I'm concerned, and should definitely reduce the wait/cost of Pilot training in the CF, which was the idea behind the creation of this program. 

There's a quick overview of the program, if you have any questions let me know.

Cheers

Great information, thank you. 

Do you know if previous post-secondary education is being awarded any credit towards completing the Seneca degree?

Do you know where do they plan on housing the students while in school?

Thanks!

RobOfstie said:
Seneca in September for one school year, then Phase 2 & 3 back to back starting next spring.  Upon wings grad you return to Seneca for your final semesters while waiting for your OTU, which depending on what community you're in can be very long.  It's actually an excellent use of time/rsources as far as I'm concerned, and should definitely reduce the wait/cost of Pilot training in the CF, which was the idea behind the creation of this program. 
I see a few problems with that plan - Phase 3 airframe selections are based on the next available OTU slots - not ones that are 8-10 months down the road.  OTU's also expect Pilots to show up with valid IRT's that won't expire during the course.  A few growing pains - but hopefully it will work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back