• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2010 BMQ

i got the call march 8 lol gonna remember that day forever lol and im swearing in june 4th like almost everyone else and im of to st jean july 12th for BMQ im going in a hull tech in the navy much to my military parents disapointment since they are both army lol but they have come to accept that it is what makes me happy

wow soo many ppl with BMQ on july 12th its gonna be fun meeting u all ... cause im headed to st jean july 12th as well look forward to seeing u all there now back to packing my whole life into boxes :D

I'm going in July, but I start my course on the 26th. Here's a thread with more people going in July.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/92831.75.html

Got a call from the recruiting center today asking me if i wanted to start BMQ July 12th as opposed to August 23rd. Obviously I jumped at the opportunity!

I'll also be joining you guys! I'm 37 and live in Windsor, Ontario. I fly to St. Jean July 24th to start BMQ for July 26th. I am going for LCIS (Army), as I have been an Electronics Tech for over 14 years.

I have never flown on anything before, and after watching "The Amazing Race" too many times, I hope nothing gets messed up!

I have been doing pushups, situps, 5-6km runs, and 20 meter shuttle run tests almost each day that I can. (lots of rain lately). I am not going crazy, but I am well above the minimum for the cf express test, and keep getting better each week. If you haven't started any PT... start now! Every little bit now makes it easier later on when sleep will be MUCH less!

Can't wait to see you guys there!

RedMan said:
I'll also be joining you guys! I'm 37 and live in Windsor, Ontario. I fly to St. Jean July 24th to start BMQ for July 26th. I am going for LCIS (Army), as I have been an Electronics Tech for over 14 years.

I have never flown on anything before, and after watching "The Amazing Race" too many times, I hope nothing gets messed up!

I have been doing pushups, situps, 5-6km runs, and 20 meter shuttle run tests almost each day that I can. (lots of rain lately). I am not going crazy, but I am well above the minimum for the cf express test, and keep getting better each week. If you haven't started any PT... start now! Every little bit now makes it easier later on when sleep will be MUCH less!

Can't wait to see you guys there!

i will see ya there redman, i start july 26th for armoured....

Congratulations Heavygunner and Sam45!!!  See you both there on the 12th.  Looks like there are going to be a bunch of us from here on, going to be awesome!!!  There is a facebook page started, join in so we can get to know you!!!    :salute:

Heavy I'm going in as Combat Engineer, and I'll look around for that Facebook group.

Anybody else leaving out of Ottawa? Don't need a ride or anything just curious to see if any other Ottawans heading out to July BMQ.

Looking forward to  seeing you all there.

Blecter said:
All this waiting until the 24th of July is driving me nuts haha  ;D

July ain't that bad. Imagine everybody that is getting calls for November/January etc. right now. 6months of waiting.
Be happy :)

thanks for replying everyone, i got the call and i leave for july 26th basic as well. im really excited, its been 13 months since i applied so you can imagine my (and my parents) relief that i can finally get away from home.  ;D

Hello All,

Going to St. Jean July 24th, to begin BMQ July 26th.  I'm going in for Armoured, living in Durham Region.

Luck Of The Irish said:
Hello All,

Going to St. Jean July 24th, to begin BMQ July 26th.  I'm going in for Armoured, living in Durham Region.

Im leaving from peterborough...going for armoured...

you takin a train?

Got my call firming up my swearing in on the 20th of July.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Back