• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

Trudeau has come one major step closer to fulfilling his election promise to ban "assault style firearms" today. The federal court ruled today that his massive gun ban OIC from May 2020 will stand.

Still no word on how he intends to pay for it, but the high end estimate is half of what he'd need to fund one year of the NDP's Pharmacare project.

You can bet a full handgun ban OIC will be in the works pretty soon. He needs that to regain lost ground in the GTA and QC.

Trudeau has come one major step closer to fulfilling his election promise to ban "assault style firearms" today. The federal court ruled today that his massive gun ban OIC from May 2020 will stand.

Still no word on how he intends to pay for it, but the high end estimate is half of what he'd need to fund one year of the NDP's Pharmacare project.

You can bet a full handgun ban OIC will be in the works pretty soon. He needs that to regain lost ground in the GTA and QC.
That will do fuck all to stop handgun related violence in Toronto/Montreal. Why? They're flooding over the borders from Ohio, New York, Michigan, Vermont, and many of the other U.S. States along our porous border.

When I was a kid growing up at Galloway and Lawrence... 300 bucks to the right people gave you a 9mm and a box of ammo. The HA, Cosa Nostra, and many other "Legitimate Business Clubs" are filling a need that they are more than happy to fill.

Much like booze during the Prohibition Era, the black market will always be there for all your illegal weapons needs. Any OIC banning them will just turn legal owners over to that market, when they would have not hand any intention to were it not for "keeping communities safe."

Much like booze during the Prohibition Era, the black market will always be there for all your illegal weapons needs.
Correct. Prohibitions/bans (of anything) are almost always a shot in the arm for criminal enterprises - higher prices, fewer competitors. Theoretically they lose access to volume (demand), but they were never serving much in that market in the first place.

That will do fuck all to stop handgun related violence in Toronto/Montreal. Why? They're flooding over the borders from Ohio, New York, Michigan, Vermont, and many of the other U.S. States along our porous border.

When I was a kid growing up at Galloway and Lawrence... 300 bucks to the right people gave you a 9mm and a box of ammo. The HA, Cosa Nostra, and many other "Legitimate Business Clubs" are filling a need that they are more than happy to fill.

Much like booze during the Prohibition Era, the black market will always be there for all your illegal weapons needs. Any OIC banning them will just turn legal owners over to that market, when they would have not hand any intention to were it not for "keeping communities safe."

Bingo. Criminals don't turn in their firearm's. This just creates animosity and division.

Latest from 338:

CPC 207 LPC 81 BQ 28 NDP 20 GPC 2 PPC 0

A long fall for one, and a tough climb for the other, but we still have two years to go before a mandatory election.

Great opinion piece by Mr. Don Martin. He expresses what I believe is the thinking of the majority of Canadians today.

Great opinion piece by Mr. Don Martin. He expresses what I believe is the thinking of the majority of Canadians today.

Which is what exactly ?

This is sure to win a bunch of converts:

There's a story going around that that the Prime Minister lacks that basic nuance that most people have when comes to among other things humour. The most interesting part of that is that it was coming from his own staff.
Tone deaf ? Yeah, I can believe it .
He is single handily winning the next election......for the Conservative party. Quite frankly does anyone honestly believe that Pierre Pollive would be a viable national leader based solely on his own merits?

Quite frankly does anyone honestly believe that Pierre Pollive would be a viable national leader based solely on his own merits?
Sure. It doesn't actually take much to be a national leader, even in the US. There are lots of people to call on for help; many of them provide help even when it's neither needed nor appropriate. Being PM isn't something we send people to Sciences Po for.

This one.
Why should PP hope for that?
This is sure to win a bunch of converts:

Nonsense. It's a kid doing Halloween. Leave the kids out of it. Headless horseman is a timeless costume type, and despite Israel being a sensational story, people have been decapitated every year since humans found out about blades.

I've been saying for years that Halloween costumes have become boring despite being supposed to be scary. I ain't about to start Karen'ing it.

@GK .Dundas Yes. PP is fine. Could be better. But, good enough.

But my heart says this is the most tone deaf thing he can do at a time when children are getting their heads blown off in Palestine.

Nonsense. Children’s heads aren’t getting their heads blown off. A JDAM will just vaporize the entire body.

Why should PP hope for that?

Nonsense. It's a kid doing Halloween. Leave the kids out of it. Headless horseman is a timeless costume type, and despite Israel being a sensational story, people have been decapitated every year since humans found out about blades.

I've been saying for years that Halloween costumes have become boring despite being supposed to be scary. I ain't about to start Karen'ing it.

@GK .Dundas Yes. PP is fine. Could be better. But, good enough.

Good point.

Kids, especially kids of heads of state, shouldn't give a crap about what they wear for Halloween ;)

1698899556115.png

Back