• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Logistic Vehicle Modernization Project - Replacing everything from LUVW to SHLVW

Has anyone been able to find a hint as to what Armatec is submitting for consideration?
Im not sure where the project is now as I think the 2 parts have been split off from each other another do over?
500 ish replacements for the Milverado and
1500 replacements for the Gwagen

Im not sure where the project is now as I think the 2 parts have been split off from each other another do over?
That's accurate I believe, I'm just wondering if Armatec has mentioned who they may be working with anywhere, I'm curious who they partner with since they're an armour company primarily.

That's accurate I believe, I'm just wondering if Armatec has mentioned who they may be working with anywhere, I'm curious who they partner with since they're an armour company primarily.
I wonder if Armatec is even in the running anymore? Does everyone get a redo? Or is it the same bidders that were qualified before for both
Oshkosh
AM General
Roshel
Armatec

Interesting that that's the same number for the Zetros purchase. It's like they're deliberately buying less than we need for some reason.

Interesting that that's the same number for the Zetros purchase. It's like they're deliberately buying less than we need for some reason.
LSVS 2879 to 1022
MSVS ?? to 1300
MSVS-SMP ?? to 1587
HSVS+ 1300+ to 512
LUVW 1061 to 450
LUVW-SMP 1159 to 1500

approximate numbers, huge drop in LSVS numbers, HSVS numbers down but maybe made up for by larger MSVS. What were the MLVW?

LSVS 2879 to 1022
MSVS ?? to 1300
MSVS-SMP ?? to 1587
HSVS+ 1300+ to 512
LUVW 1061 to 450
LUVW-SMP 1159 to 1500

approximate numbers, huge drop in LSVS numbers, HSVS numbers down but maybe made up for by larger MSVS. What were the MLVW?
That was something I had been thinking about a bit. The vehicles have been getting larger, so there is likely a certain point where less works, and I think some newer vehicles aren't a direct replacement for older vehicles.

That was something I had been thinking about a bit. The vehicles have been getting larger, so there is likely a certain point where less works, and I think some newer vehicles aren't a direct replacement for older vehicles.
From 7029 to 4334 is quite a drop overall assuming that the MLVW to MSVS numbers are equivalent. The decrease in the LSVS really stands out

From 7029 to 4334 is quite a drop overall assuming that the MLVW to MSVS numbers are equivalent. The decrease in the LSVS really stands out
Are some of the old MLVW roles goin to the new LUVW-SMP, and some of the old LSVS roles going to the LVT?

I'm not disputing that there is an overall drop in numbers, I'm just wondering if some of that is being picked up by the larger vehicles, and new types coming in.

Are some of the old MLVW roles goin to the new LUVW-SMP, and some of the old LSVS roles going to the LVT?

I'm not disputing that there is an overall drop in numbers, I'm just wondering if some of that is being picked up by the larger vehicles, and new types coming in.
the vehicles look bigger, do they have a higher payload?

Classic Canadian procurement, 1 for 2 vehicles. Yes tonnage capacity might be the same, but if you have one big truck goes down or is blown up, you lost the equivalent of two vehicle. Plus regardless on carrying capacity, 1 vehicle can't be in two different places at once. Plus it's very clear in Peer to peer war, trucks are a consumable item.

Classic Canadian procurement, 1 for 2 vehicles. Yes tonnage capacity might be the same, but if you have one big truck goes down or is blown up, you lost the equivalent of two vehicle. Plus regardless on carrying capacity, 1 vehicle can't be in two different places at once. Plus it's very clear in Peer to peer war, trucks are a consumable item.
smaller army though? less people = less trucks?

Sounds like a classic politician excuse for doing the bare minimum to look like they're doing anything. "It has twice the payload, do we can buy half as many!"

Back