• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

I was getting ready to just give the solution since there hadn't been a nibble for a few days.

However, you can probably make a good guess as to the nationality of the driver due to his helmet.  The vehicle was built by a company from that country, however technology used in the design (particularly the articulating joint/steering) was licensed from an Italian company.  The vehicle being tested here was designed as a gun tractor and probably dates from the late 20s - early 30s.

Related to the Pavesi?

pavesi_bw.jpg

NavyShooter said:
Related to the Pavesi?

Yes.  Close enough for this obsure vehicle.  It was an test vehicle/prototype made by Armstrong-Siddeley-Pavesi.  It did not go into production.  Armstrong-Siddeley had earlier produced some other artillery tractors based on Pavesi designs.  You're up.

I'm at sea, can't upload images, so I'll have to let someone else take a spin at it.

NS

while we're waiting....how about this little number

Ref Max's question:      http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/78849.0.html

What are the differences?

Please list the main identifiers as each vehicle.

Let the games begin!

First up....SA10

Regards

Oh well, guess this vehicle didn't attract too much interest

it's the South African Wasp Rapid Deployment Reconnaissance Vehicle (RDRV)
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/baewasp/

geo said:
Oh well, guess this vehicle didn't attract too much interest

it's the South African Wasp Rapid Deployment Reconnaissance Vehicle (RDRV)
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/baewasp/

Crap....sorry for stepping on your turn.    :-[

Regards

Correct,

Pierce Arrow/Allen Armored Car

Equipped with a 3pdr (47mm) gun, the Pierce Arrow/Allen was a 4 x 2 US truck with the gun located in a bevel sided turret. The vehicle was specifically made for Locker-Lampson's expedition to Russia.

same kind os suspension as the Swedish "S" tank

Strv 103D

In the mid-1990s, along with testing programs running for a new main battle tank for the Swedish armed forces, some upgrades took place on the 103C. Designateds Strv 103D, only one prototype was ever made. The major changes were the installation of fire-control computer, thermal viewers for both the gunner and the commander, making the crew able to fight during night-time and in bad weather conditions, and the installation of passive light enhancers for driving. Some minor changes to the suspension system and engine were also made.

This prototype was used during the trials for the new main battle tank system for the Swedish armed forces alongside all the other tanks tested. For a few years this prototype was even tested under remote control.

Drivewheel and idler appear backward for the layout of the Strv 103, and the hull shape seems off.  I’d guess it as a US or Soviet prototype based on the Strv 103 concept.

Back