• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

I assume it is some sort of test bed?
It was a prototype that only reached testbed stage.

Strv 103D
  No.  Not Swedish.

I’d guess it as a US or Soviet prototype based on the Strv 103 concept.
Not US or Soviet.  Although the vehicle concept looks similar to the Strv 103, this vehicle may (unable to confirm) have been in development prior or contemporaneously to the S-tank.  The gun on this vehicle had a "limited" traverse capability vice none on the S-tank.

A couple of more views.

MCG said:
Is that a 90 mm MBT gun?
No.  The diameter of the barrel is 84 mm, though the gun is known by another designation.  This gun was fitted for trial purposes, but if this vehicle had gone into production it would most likely have mounted a 105 mm gun.

Contentious was only developed to test-bed stage and it used a redundant Comet chassis, shortened and adapted so that the suspension could be employed to elevate and depress the gun. For trial purpose the 83mm (20 pounder) gun was fitted but a 105mm weapon was considered for the production version. It had a crew of two, driver and gunner, and would have required an automatic loader to be fully effective.

I thought I recognized the tracks.....

mystery67.jpg

Regards,
ironduke57

Panhar General Defence Véhicule blindé léger (VBL)

That is the next SUV I'm buying. I have my own turret gunner, so I don't need a dealer one.

Those Winnipeg drivers won't know what hit em!!!! >:D ;D

The Komatsu LAV (軽装甲機動車, Keisoukoukidousha) with a passing resemblance to the panhar VBL

.............Ummm... NO!

ironduke57 said:
Should I post the answer?

Regards,
ironduke57

It's a long weekend including today. Most people are gone until tomorrow.

You may want to give it another day before posting the answer.

Regards

Back