• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Steward: Training/the work (merged)

I've been on-line for hours trying to find out where my mans Steward training is going to be.
We want to move to Halifax by early June. From what I read, all Steward training is done in Halifax.
I hope that's right.....anyone know for sure??? My man is finishing up BMQ. Will be done Mar 11/2011.
Cant wait for that. Can they be visited on the base when doing Steward training???? Anyone????
Any info would help!

This is not a live chat forum nor is it officially manned by anyone from the CF. Be patient, someone will answer your questions soon enough. I would hazard a guess that "your man" should be the best source for you, he can have all of these questions answered on his own - so, have you asked him?

A quick Google search found this on the Forces web site:

http://www.forces.ca/en/job/steward... mean that's where the final posting will be.

Not the expert here but I can say that STEWARD training recently moved form Bordon to CFNOS (Halifax)

How do you know that the steward traing has recently moved to Halifax?

JMURP said:
How do you know that the steward traing has recently moved to Halifax?

You ever think of asking your fiance all these questions ?

Its his career after all......

Yes I have thank you very much.......
He doesn't know. They don't tell you anything until the last minute at BMQ.
Trying to find out information from them is impossible.
I'm asking these questions for the both of us.

JMURP said:
Yes I have thank you very much.......
He doesn't know. They don't tell you anything until the last minute at BMQ.
Trying to find out information from them is impossible.
I'm asking these questions for the both of us.

I'm sorry but i did basic training as well and we knew where training was afterwards. We diodnt know if we were going to start training right away because thats not CFLRS's buisness.

Getting information from the staff is not impossible.

All the training people he asks say they don't know.
We are planning on moving to where he is posted and they won't even give him an idea.
I don't care if the navy helps with the move or not. We just want to know where he's going so I can start packing and getting things together.
We have to out of where we are now before the end of June

Before asking questions, search the site for your questions. If you are worried about packing and moving, there are many discussions with current information on this site. If you start making decisions that do not meet these policies (example: doing your own packing), you could affect any coverage against damage to your belongings. Also, if you start spending money on a move before it is officially approved, that money may not be reimbursed. So again, read the site for topics such as IRP, or relocation.

It only takes a week or so to pack, so what are you obsessing about a move in June in January for......

People have given you the information they have, but remember this is not an official DND site, and nobody owes you the answers.....

Moreover, it would be silly for you to move the family to Halifax only to find that your husband will be posted to Esquimalt after the course.  I would suggest that you stay where you are, as difficult as that is, so when he finishes his steward training he can take advantage of a full paid move from his place of enrollment which will include you.

JMURP thought you were Spam and noted "If your comment is going to be negitive towards me, don\\\'t post it" about your post titled

My comment was not "negative", it was "reality". If you dont want to hear the answer, dont ask the questions.

JMURP said:
We are planning on moving to where he is posted and they won't even give him an idea.

Of course they dont have an idea. Where he gets posted is not controlled by CFLRS. He will go to training where the steward school is and may or may not be posted there after the course.

JMURP said:
We have to out of where we are now before the end of June

Why ? Did you give your landlord your notice ?

If yes, why did you do that ?

I hope you did not give your notice to the landlord based on your fiance's expected graduation date.........

So MARGEN 007/11 DGNP 05/11 101956Z FEB 11 - Steward First Aid Training - Implementation Plan confirms the OP's question the pilot courses have been moved from Borden to both coasts.

For years now there has been rumour the Stewards would take over first aid training, this message just confirms that shift:

- Pre-QL3 - Military Standard First Aid (MFSA)
- QL3 - Advanced Medical First Responder Level 2 (AMFR2) and Naval Combat First Aid (NCFA)
- QL5 - Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) and Advanced Naval Combat Casualty Care (ANCCC)
- QL6A - First Aid Instructor (FAI) and certified in the following categories: MSFA, AMFR2, NCFA, PHTLS, and ANCCC
- QL6B - First Aid Instructor Trainer (FAIT) certified to recertify FAIs in the FA requirements

It's to take over THEIR own training, not ALL training - to ensure that the stewards don't have a bun fight trying to get guys off the ship for their Casualty Clearing Team training, they'll receive it on their career courses and be able to ensure that the people on board are recertified internally within the dept or by the Ship's Medical Team.  They just did an overhaul of the trades training and moved it all from CFSAL to the Fleet Schools on both coasts.

MM 

Just wanted to inform those wondering about where you will go after BMQ for your Steward training. You will be indeed going to Halifax. It was in Borden, but has moved. You won't be sent west coast either.

Thanks.

I have merged this with other topics that you have started, all with the same title.  Please keep your posts to an appropriate thread, rather than starting a new one everytime you want to post something..

JMURP said:
Just wanted to inform those wondering about where you will go after BMQ for your Steward training. You will be indeed going to Halifax. It was in Borden, but has moved. You won't be sent west coast either.

Is that only the QL3's?  I'm asking since we keep having to detach guys to go over to the Fleet School here to do medical training for them.

MM

Back