• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

-Skeletor- said:
Why are some assuming the pants are not meant to be bloused? 
They read the dress regs and didn't find blousing your boots in there  ;D

bananaman said:
So the draw chords and velcro built in are just for nothing?

So the pants were made long enough to be worn without having to blouse them but we should anyways?  We should just get issued shorter pants  :nod:

I find it funny that even though trial has just commenced, the main concern from posters isn't their functionality or comfort, but whether the colour of the new boot is close enough to Swats, Magnums, etc. so they can go out and buy something other than what is issued. This either indicates that individuals are so jaded they believe no boot trialled will be good enough, or that individuals will bitch and complain about the issued boots regardless of how good they may in fact be.

Speaking for myself,  if the new boots are comfortable, etc than great, I will wear them.  How ever,  if they don't work out, it's nice to know that there are boots on the market that match the colour and material.

ObedientiaZelum said:
They read the dress regs and didn't find blousing your boots in there  ;D

3pppdp.jpg

So the pants were made long enough to be worn without having to blouse them but we should anyways?  We should just get issued shorter pants  :nod:
[/quote]

Well... they weren't meant to go around your knees or under the heel of you boot... So logic dictates that... (insert smart response). Maybe if troops can't figure it out we should start looking at our recruitment process.

captloadie said:
I find it funny that even though trial has just commenced, the main concern from posters isn't their functionality or comfort, but whether the colour of the new boot is close enough to Swats, Magnums, etc. so they can go out and buy something other than what is issued. This either indicates that individuals are so jaded they believe no boot trialled will be good enough, or that individuals will ***** and complain about the issued boots regardless of how good they may in fact be.

There are those that will moan and complain " issue kit sucks" no matter what you give them.

bananaman said:

Well... they weren't meant to go around your knees or under the heel of you boot... So logic dictates that... (insert smart response). Maybe if troops can't figure it out we should start looking at our recruitment process.

Have you looked at the Recruiting Forums lately? ;)

I can only see positive feedback for actual troops if the colours are easy to match with off the shelf boots. If self purchased boots improve my platoon's combat efficiency in any way... why the ruddy hell not?

Thanks for the link.  Anxious to hear from the people doing the trials. Those 2 first ones from the left look promising. Too bad that third one has the zipper.

Quirky said:
Those things will turn black after a few weeks on the flightline, like they did during OP MOBILE. http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?original=51688&site=combatcamera&catalog=photos

Where'd that dude get shorts?

I've seen pants issued in the CF that can be converted into shorts by zipping the bottoms off. I think they were specifically intended for just the CAF but a friend mine had them issued because due to his short stature it was the only thing that would fit him at the time.

I've received some info from reliable sources who were on the boot project. Oakley submitted a boot that scored the highest, but since it had no Canadian content it was discounted. The current trial boots are 6th, 7th and 8th place.

Only the best for our troops.  :facepalm:

PuckChaser said:
I've received some info from reliable sources who were on the boot project. Oakley submitted a boot that scored the highest, but since it had no Canadian content it was discounted. The current trial boots are 6th, 7th and 8th place.

Only the best for our troops.  :facepalm:

LOL

Isn't that generally the standard with most issued kit? The best possible as long as it's submitted by the tender with the lowest bid.

It shouldn't be the standard. If we're paying $20 more per pair but it beat out every other boot design submitted (as well as meets/exceeds all requirements) then maybe thats what we should be buying. In fact, we don't even know whether the Oakley boot was more expensive. Perhaps it was cheaper but discounted strictly for Canadian content. Whats really telling, is that if Oakley submitted a design, then I bet Danner/Belleville/SWAT did as well, and all of those proven boot designs have been trashed.

If I can get on DWAN tomorrow, I'll check the CID and see if theres any documentation on the trial pairs.

Sorry gents.

Issuing high end boots from Oakley and Rocky that have been tested in war isn't as important as issuing untested boots that are made in Canada, ranked 8th place in the trial or not  :camo:

Maybe we can all take some solice in the fact that it's not only the CF that occasionally issues absolute rubbish. The main thing is that the powers that be acknowledge that it's rubbish and don't chastise the troops for going out and purchasing aftermarket kit that's far superior to it's issued counterpart.

Back