Author Topic: U.S.S. Cole's stern tube after the attack!  (Read 4949 times)

Offline Spr.Earl

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Grizzled Old Veteran
U.S.S. Cole's stern tube after the attack!
« on: July 17, 2004, 01:20:13 »
This is the stern tube(where the prop shaft goes out to the proppeler) of the U.S.S. Cole after the Terr. attack in Aden.
You can see how much damage was done by the emergency flood control,one of the weekest point's on any ship.
THE PRECEDING POST AND OTHERS MADE BY MYSELF ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS, NOT FOR REPRODUCTION, NOT FOR CUT AND PASTE OF ANY PORTION THEREOF, NO QUOTES ARE PERMITTED ELSEWHERE,ANYWHERE OTHER THAN EXCLUSIVELY IN THIS WEB FORUM.

UBIQUE
Be Safe

Offline Sundborg

• Rate Post
  • AB
Re: U.S.S. Cole's stern tube after the attack!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 10:42:09 »
Can anyone describe what that picute is showing exactly?  It looks like blocks of wood and some material stuffed in there, but I could be wrong.
Don't look back; stay out of the mud.

Offline Ex-Dragoon

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • dealing with life not that active here anymore
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 14:39:13 »
Nope you are correct...when you do Damage Control you will become really familiar with that :D
I will leave your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your carcasses. I will water the land with what flows from you, and the river beds shall be filled with your blood. When I snuff you out I will cover the heavens and all the stars will darken. Ezekiel 32:5-7
Tradition- Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid
Former RCN Sailor now Retired

Offline Sundborg

• Rate Post
  • AB
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 19:17:05 »
Nope you are correct...when you do Damage Control you will become really familiar with that :D
That's good.  I'm set to do my NETP course on August 23rd, so I'm sure I'll learn all about that then. :)

Offline ~RoKo~

• Living the dream. I think...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Personal Text:
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 13:01:52 »
Soo.... Next time I'm on the market, looking to pick up an Aegis Guided Missle Cruiser, and I see something like that, I'll know it's a lemon?   :P

Heh, good pic.. thanks for posting it.  :salute:

BTW, my father is a ship modeller, check out what he scratch-built without the use of any plans, just some pictures from various magazines (This was before we got the internet)

2 More Pictures:
http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~rkorus/ships/b-2.jpg
http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~rkorus/ships/b-3.jpg

He currently has some plugs in progress for the hulls of the Halifax, Arleigh Burke and the Ticonderoga, IIRC, but has taken a bit of a break from those ships in order to lay down hardwood flooring at home.

Offline Sundborg

• Rate Post
  • AB
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 14:37:44 »
Those are really nice ships!  Does your father sell them too?