• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Top one was a BRM-1K

Bottom was a PRP-4 with Tall Mike radar for Arty recce.

The other one was a Fuchs....German engineering at it's best.

Regards

Dutch Patria APC    ;)

Both countries bought them....just different names

Hmmm....looks French....gimmie a second.

Regards

I give up....It looks like a French 4X4 that the FFL use in Afghanistan up armoured.

I'm stumped.

Regards

It almost looks like some kind of armoured 40's Dodge power wagon (M-37, if i recall)

Oooh, so close!

It's a Cashuat, a vehicle produced in El Salvador in the 80s (still in service) in conjunction with the US Army's Tank Automotive Command.  The vehicle was indeed in series production, but was based on the old US Army M37B1 truck.  The US designed the vehicle itself, cut the armour and then shipped it for assembly in El Salvador... Apparently, there're still 40 or so kicking around that part of the world.

I'll admit I'm impressed, FatwagCpl...

Hey, Teddy, Don't be, I totally suck at AFV, i just know that front fender pretty well. Helped restore a few for the museum in Chilliwack.....when it was there. :)
http://www.pmulcahy.com/wheeled_apcs/salvadoran_wheeled_apcs.htm
Had to add the link, love the night vision on this thing

Hmmmm....any other guesses?

Regards

A couple of points and a question,
1 That boxy thing on the Aussy. Leo was a low light TV camera and we did have them on ours at
least in 4CMBG.
2 The Conquorer had a 120 gun.
The Isrealis are using tank chassis without a turret and 3 or 4 MGs mounted that looks suspiciuosly like
a Cent. does anyone know more?.

Back