• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval Combat Dress (NCD) uniform [Merged]

daftandbarmy said:
The plethora of patches was slightly disorienting but...

Seems to be ops normal for the entire CAF and more forces internationally.  Some are resisting successfully (USMC comes to mind).

0XSfRwW.jpg

I like that new NECU. Going to look forward to wearing it soon.

ZNR UUUUU
R 041700Z AUG 22
FM NDHQ C NAVY DGNSR OTTAWA
TO NAVGEN
BT
UNCLAS
NAVGEN 021/22 RCN 029/22
SIC WAN
BILINGUAL MESSAGE/MESSAGE BILINGUE
SUBJ:NAVAL ENHANCED COMBAT UNIFORM (NECU)
REFS: A. NAVORD 5250-0, DRESS REGULATIONS
B. NAVORD 5250-1, NAVAL DRESS COMMITTEE
C. NAVORD 5250-2, PERSONAL APPEARANCE
D. HTTP://RCN-MRC.MIL.CA/EN/DRESS.PAGE
1. THE COMMANDER OF THE ROYAL CANADIAN NAVY (CRCN) IS PLEASED TO
ANNOUNCE THAT THE NAVY OPERATIONAL DRESS WILL BE TRANSITIONING FROM
THE CURRENT NAVAL COMBAT DRESS (NCD) THREE PIECE ENSEMBLE TO THE
NAVAL ENHANCED COMBAT UNIFORM (NECU) TWO PIECE ENSEMBLE COMMENCING IN
SEPTEMBER 2022
2. THE NECU UNIFORM HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT AND EVALUATION SINCE 2016
WHEN THE FIRST CONCEPT UNIFORM WAS REVIEWED BY THE NAVAL DRESS
COMMITTEE AND PRESENTED TO THEN CRCN WHO APPROVED THE NECU CONCEPT.
THE NECU HAS GONE THROUGH SEVERAL PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENTS AND A
MATERIAL ASSURANCE TESTING FROM 2017 TO 2019 AS WELL AS A USER TRIAL
WITH 400 TRIAL PARTICIPANTS IN NOVEMBER 2019 TO APRIL 2020 TO
FINALIZE THE DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS. BASED UPON TRIAL PARTICIPANTS
USER REVIEW AND INPUT THE FINAL DESIGN WAS APPROVED IN NOV 2020 AND
THE NECU MOVED INTO THE TEXTILE MATERIAL AQUISITION AND UNIFORM
PRODUCTION PHASE. ONGOING PRODUCTION HAS NOW PROVIDED SUFFICIENT
STOCK TO MOVE INTO THE IMPLEMENTATION PHASE
3. THE NECU WILL BE PROVIDED TO NAVAL PERSONNEL THROUGH A HYBRID
ATTRITION PROCESS WITH AN ACCELERATED ISSUE TO SELECT PERSONNEL. THE
ACCELERATED COMPONENT WILL PRIORITIZE FIRST ISSUE TO NEW SAILORS
GRADUATING FROM BASIC MILITARY QUALIFICATION/BASIC OFFICER MILITARY
QUALIFICATION TRAINING AS WELL AS CURRENT SAILORS FROM THE RANK OF
SAILOR 3RD CLASS TO SAILOR 1ST CLASS. NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS AT THE
RANK OF MASTER SAILOR AND ABOVE, AS WELL AS OFFICERS, WILL CONTINUE
TO BE PROVIDED THE LEGACY NCDS UNTIL THE REMAINING WAREHOUSE STOCK
SIZING OF NCDS HAS BEEN CONSUMED. ONCE NCD SIZING STOCK IS CONSUMED,
SAILORS AT THE RANK OF MASTER SAILOR AND ABOVE, INCLUDING OFFICERS,
WILL THEN BE ISSUED THE APPROPRIATE SIZED NECU REPLACEMENT ITEM(S).
AS THIS MAY MEAN THAT SOME NCD ITEMS ARE EXHAUSTED EARLIER THAN
OTHERS, SAILORS WILL BE PERMITTED TO WEAR A MIX OF BOTH NECU AND NCD
ITEMS UNTIL THEY HAVE RECEIVED ALL NECU ARTICLES OF CLOTHING. THAT
IS, IT WILL BE PERMISSIBLE TO WEAR NCD JACKET/SHIRT WITH NECU PANTS
OR VICE VERSA, NECU SHIRT WITH NCD PANTS. AS NCD STOCK IS EXHAUSTED,
OVER TIME, THE RCN COMMUNITY WILL BE FULLY ISSUED WITH THE NECU
ITEMS. THE HYBRID ATTRITION PROCESS TO TRANSITION FROM NCD TO NECU IS
EXPECTED TO BE COMPLETED IN FY 2025/26
4. THE ACCELERATED ISSUE COMPONENT WILL FIRST BE IMPLEMENTED IN
MARITIME FORCES ATLANTIC AND PACIFIC UNITS WITH AN INITIAL STOCK TO
SUPPORT NECU ISSUE TO 500 PERSONNEL PER FORMATION FOLLOWED BY MONTHLY
RATE OF CONVERSION OF 200 PERSONNEL. AS FURTHER STOCK PRODUCTION IS
RECEIVED, THIS ACCELERATED COMPONENT WILL BE EXPANDED TO OTHER
LOCALES TO SUPPORT THE NECU IMPLMENTATION FOR SAILORS 3RD THRU 1ST
CLASS.
5. THE NECU IMPLEMENTATION IS MANAGED JOINTLY BY DIRECTOR OF NAVAL
REQUIREMENTS AND DIRECTOR SOLDIER SYSTEMS PROJECT MANAGEMENT. FURTHER
DETAILED IMPLEMENTATION INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE PROVIDED TO BASE, WING,
ASU AND CFSU/CFSG. OPI FOR QUESTIONS ARE DNR NECU PROJECT DIRECTOR,
MR MARK DE SMEDT, DNR 3-7 MARINER DECK REQUIREMENTS AND DSSPM PROJECT
MANAGER MS LORIANNE HAWDUR DSSPM 2-6 OPERATIONAL CLOTHING

MS is an appointment, not a rank. And some of the designations of rank within that message are not legal for use; the O in QR&O stands for order, not Optional; QR&O 3.01 dictates the legal designations of rank for individuals in the RCN DEU, as approved by the Governor General in Council.

#PissingIntoTheWind

If anyone happens to know who the TA is for these could you please send me a PM? Haven't had luck getting info on what they are tested to.

I did a search on CGCM for "NECU" and found a list of NSN's...picking a random one, I found that the TA is listed as L319 for NSN 8415-20-013-0111 which is size 6426 "Trousers, Naval Enhance Combat Uniform" listed as "Trousers, Combat"

On a DWAN workstation, you should be able to follow the above link, click on "LEAD TA" (L319) and it will bring up their contact information.

NS

MS is an appointment, not a rank. And some of the designations of rank within that message are not legal for use; the O in QR&O stands for order, not Optional; QR&O 3.01 dictates the legal designations of rank for individuals in the RCN DEU, as approved by the Governor General in Council.

#PissingIntoTheWind
Somebody should take this to court and sue the Navy. :unsure:

I did a search on CGCM for "NECU" and found a list of NSN's...picking a random one, I found that the TA is listed as L319 for NSN 8415-20-013-0111 which is size 6426 "Trousers, Naval Enhance Combat Uniform" listed as "Trousers, Combat"

On a DWAN workstation, you should be able to follow the above link, click on "LEAD TA" (L319) and it will bring up their contact information.

NS
Awesome, thanks, I guess I searched for NECU in the wrong field and had nothing come up.

Somebody should take this to court and sue the Navy. :unsure:
Or some Admirals should obey law and regulations, and make legal changes through the systems established for that purpose - aka do their job.

CGCS (online version linked) won't let you use a search string less than 5 characters which is why I used CGCM.
That's clever, thanks for that tip. I was trying the full string, and then brute force by looking for 'shirt' (which yielded 8253 NSNs...)

Always good to have more tools in the toolbox! By the time this is done I may be approaching semi-competence at some LCMM/SM functions!

NS

Are they still sending our the update CDs for the CGCM ?

Are they still sending our the update CDs for the CGCM ?
Weirdly enough DSCO sends out softcopies of publications on CDs, even though no computers come with CD readers anymore and the USB ones get flagged by IT as illegal devices if you plug them in.

Makes an interesting coaster at the office I guess.

Weirdly enough DSCO sends out softcopies of publications on CDs, even though no computers come with CD readers anymore and the USB ones get flagged by IT as illegal devices if you plug them in.

Makes an interesting coaster at the office I guess.
You are kidding me? I can’t get DSCO interested in doing it‘s actually job of printing certain documents that we cannot obtain by any other method and they continue to produce CDs that nobody can read?

You are kidding me? I can’t get DSCO interested in doing it‘s actually job of printing certain documents that we cannot obtain by any other method and they continue to produce CDs that nobody can read?
Printed forms is weird for some reason. There are about 400ish in the system held as inventory, most of them very dormant with only about 50 that have any sort of regular movement/usage in the past 5 years. Some are very clearly outdated and/or have electronic equivalents but for some reason we hold onto them. There is probably solid rationale for keeping some of those as a just in case but the overall file would be so much easier to manage IMHO if they pared down the number they needed to contract/manage!

I was able to contact the 'owner' of one of the forms about 4 years ago and get them to transfer the form from a hard-copy version in triplicate with carbon paper to an online form-fillable PDF that auto-populated from page 1 where you typed into pages 2 and 3 so you didn't have to type the same thing 3 times, or copy/paste.

Minor successes...

Back