Author Topic: 1st weekend of BMQ = a disaster!!  (Read 4843 times)

Offline anton

• Rate Post
1st weekend of BMQ = a disaster!!
« on: January 23, 2007, 20:27:05 »
Hey all, just reporting in. I just got back from my first weekend of BMQ. With my fault mixed in with some bad decisions, I unfortunately managed to be the center of attention. Hell, it couldn't have gone worse. I disobeyed orders from the course senior, feel asleep during a lecture, and received my first formal warning for not "meeting up to standards". By the end of the weekend, all the instructors already knew my name cuz of my bad reputation. My Sec IC thinks of me as the "biggest headache".

I guess my expectations were too high. I came in thinking I'd be a professional, clean-cut, up to par BMQer. Heh, hopefully I'll be able to make up next weekend.

(P.S. So much for winning that top candidate award.)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 21:51:57 by anton »

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
Re: 1st weekend of BMQ = a disaster!!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 20:38:41 »
Learn from your mistakes and carry on.

Regards
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline geo

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 20:40:42 »
1) Smarten up
2) get your act together
3) keep doing PT on weekdays
4) get back in there (& don't forget to do a review of the material you were given on Wk 1)

You're only a FNG once
Chimo!

Offline medicineman

• Well stuck into my new job and thoroughly enjoying it.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 20:58:44 »
Welcome to the joys of being a recruit.  To add to geo's list, keep the mouth closed but ears and mind wide open.

MM
MM

Remember the basics of Medicine - "Pink is GOOD, Blue is BAD, Air goes in AND out, Blood Goes Round and Round"

I may sound like a pessimist, but I am a realist.

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 21:43:57 »
Is this the BMQ at Walkley Road?
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline anton

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 21:45:51 »
Is this the BMQ at Walkley Road?

HaHa...that's the one alright...

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 21:50:23 »
Hmmm...I may have a beer with a certain maintainer CWO soon then and have a few good laughs.       ;)

Regards
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf

aesop081

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 21:52:07 »
Hmmm...I may have a beer with a certain maintainer CWO soon then and have a few good laughs.       ;)

Regards

This is why i love this site !!!

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 22:38:45 »
Hey all, just reporting in. I just got back from my first weekend of BMQ. With my fault mixed in with some bad decisions, I unfortunately managed to be the center of attention. Hell, it couldn't have gone worse. I disobeyed orders from the course senior, feel asleep during a lecture, and received my first formal warning for not "meeting up to standards". By the end of the weekend, all the instructors already knew my name cuz of my bad reputation. My Sec IC thinks of me as the "biggest headache".

I guess my expectations were too high. I came in thinking I'd be a professional, clean-cut, up to par BMQer. Heh, hopefully I'll be able to make up next weekend.

(P.S. So much for winning that top candidate award.)

If the staff are doing their job right, everyone else is probably thinking the same things you are. Don't sweat it. Give 'er.
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Technoviking

DANCE TO THE TECHNOVIKING.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • OBEY!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 22:57:54 »
The great ones amongst us didn't get there by not making mistakes: they got there by making mistakes and learning from them

So, there I was....

Offline career_radio-checker

• Hello everyone, my name is CRC and I am an army.ca - aholic.
  • Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 23:55:36 »
It's your first weekend, common. I called a Sgt  "Master Sergeant" on my first day but I learned that one quick (I thought the leaf meant 'Master'). Like everyone says, learn from your mistakes and carry on. A place where you can shout a lot is during group activities like 'reinforcement PT' (rifle drill, obstacle course) but it better be words of team encouragement. 
How could anyone not fall in love with Canada's baby seals?... They make really good gloves.

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -5620.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 00:00:39 »
Forum 5-0 Enough molycoddling!! Get to work and sort yourself out!! Oh yeah, have a good time, this is the course you'll remember ;)
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.