• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval Combat Dress (NCD) uniform [Merged]

Sub_Guy

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
460
Springroll said:
This was exactly what I read, but what didn't make sense is that the white one's are not even available on Logistik, why would we have to wait until the black one's are available? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the same "no logo's etc" rules apply to the black ones as they do for the white ones?

Interesting I know the AF issued me with blue t-shirts and spiffy under-roos, but they are not on Logistik.  If you want the black t-shirt you probably could go buy them from Canex, or see if supply is handing them out.

 

PO2FinClk

Full Member
Reaction score
-1
Points
210
Wonder how long it will be nefore a MARGEN/CANFORGEN to this effect is released as now you will have 2 different standards of dress for NCD's.
 

medaid

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
410
I wish they'd just get rid of the damn NCDs...

But that's just me.  ;D
 

Radar114

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
New here.

Question while dragging this up from the depths...anyone know where to find out any info about the N.I.C.E. project?  Stupid name I know.  I have seen the rain suit (jacket) and that's about it.  I have heard about the new NCDs with perma-crease cause ya know we have to have creases. 

Army has an entire website on "Cloth the Soldier", sailors can't find anything on our new uniforms.  But yesterday I did find in a dress committee minutes that they did vote themselves new cardigans to wear around the office but stomped the old zippered boots right out of existence again.
 
A

aesop081

Guest
Radar114 said:
New here.

Army has an entire website on "Cloth the Soldier", sailors can't find anything on our new uniforms

There is indeed a N.I.C.E. website on the DIN.........so the information is there. I even posted pictures of the boots on this site at one point. Sounds like sailors cant look for information haha.
 

Radar114

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
More than likely that our DIN site sucks and really nothing interesting there.  The army / air force sites seem to be updated more on a regular basis.
 

Sub_Guy

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
460
The Navy has a hate on for zipper boots...

There is a DIN site for the N.I.C.E project, I was just looking at the other day, I was thanking my lucky stars that I will never have to wear that great looking hat.  I think Aviator is on to something regarding sailors searching for information.
 

armyvern

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
34
Points
530
Radar114 said:
New here.

Question while dragging this up from the depths...anyone know where to find out any info about the N.I.C.E. project?  Stupid name I know.  I have seen the rain suit (jacket) and that's about it.  I have heard about the new NCDs with perma-crease cause ya know we have to have creases. 

Army has an entire website on "Cloth the Soldier", sailors can't find anything on our new uniforms.  But yesterday I did find in a dress committee minutes that they did vote themselves new cardigans to wear around the office but stomped the old zippered boots right out of existence again.

Another thread on the N.I.C.E project already (that this thread should probably just be merged with) ...

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/79706.0

N.I.C.E. Intranet site
 

Snakedoc

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
I just read the other thread... unisex underwear  :eek:

Just to be clear with the MARGEN, if a t-shirt is worn then it must be a black t-shirt, but a t-shirt is still not necessarily necessary, correct?
 

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
4
Points
430
Snakedoc said:
I just read the other thread... unisex underwear  :eek:

Just to be clear with the MARGEN, if a t-shirt is worn then it must be a black t-shirt, but a t-shirt is still not necessarily necessary, correct?

So?  When you have to take off your shirt when you are doing some 'heavy' work, and you are not close to your room and dresser drawer, what are you going to wear?
 

Radar114

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
T-shirts are optional since they aren't issued yet other than to boarding team and if a sailor is doing heavy work, the NCD shirt stays on.  The jacket comes off but that is usually it.
 

Snakedoc

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
Yes I'm aware going down to t-shirt only is not permitted...at least I've never seen it authorized on any ship I've been on and it's technically not an order of dress.  I just wanted to make sure t-shirts under NCD shirts were still considered optional as the MARGEN was not too clear.  Thanks!
 

Radar114

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
I see it as being optional.  I have never seen anything on we have to wear a tshirt.  I have yet to be issued one other than the speed greys from Cornwallis.
 

PingTech

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
60
IMHO, if you're a sailor in a purple trade (cook/medic/clerk/etc) posted to a land or air unit, wear cadpat.  If you're a hard sea trade, wear those comfy hull tech pj's at sea and a pusser set of NCD's alongside.  Sailors should look like sailors..not like a condiment. ;D
 

Radar114

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
Agree on the coveralls and zippered boots but of course ya can't have zippers, it takes away from the money allocated for cardigan sweaters.
 

gwp

Full Member
Reaction score
1
Points
180
PingTech said:
IMHO, if you're a sailor in a purple trade (cook/medic/clerk/etc) posted to a land or air unit, wear cadpat.  If you're a hard sea trade, wear those comfy hull tech pj's at sea and a pusser set of NCD's alongside.  Sailors should look like sailors..not like a condiment. ;D
Your right, but you don't take it far enough.  The Navy's point of view is "Sailors don't wear CADPAT" unless they are working in the field.  Sailors posted to land or air units in office, classroom training environments etc. dress as sailors. 
 

Nfld Sapper

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
14
Points
580
gwp said:
Your right, but you don't take it far enough.  The Navy's point of view is "Sailors don't wear CADPAT" unless they are working in the field.  Sailors posted to land or air units in office, classroom training environments etc. dress as sailors.

Negative they wear the dress of the day of the unit they are posted to.

My unit has a PO as a CC and she wears our dress of the day, CADPAT.
 

Snakedoc

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
Though I seem to remember hearing about a directive somewhere that Navy pers working on Army bases shall wear CADPAT (can someone clarify?), just going strictly on the NFLD Sappers comment that navy pers wear the dress of the day of the unit, isn't dress of the day promulgated by order of dress?

Ie. If dress of the day is No.5's, for army pers this would be CADPAT whereas the Navy equivalent would be NCD's?
 
Top