• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval Combat Dress (NCD) uniform [Merged]

You are kidding me? I can’t get DSCO interested in doing it‘s actually job of printing certain documents that we cannot obtain by any other method and they continue to produce CDs that nobody can read?
1 step forward, 5 steps back. Its the Shared Services Canada way!

DSCO is a DND CAF own goal.
My favourite is when we submit info for cataloging and it gets stripped out of all the fields and left with some useless description like 'valve', or even more confusing, 'night vision viewers' for the thermal imaging cameras.

Really hate dealing with them most times.

My favourite is when we submit info for cataloging and it gets stripped out of all the fields and left with some useless description like 'valve', or even more confusing, 'night vision viewers' for the thermal imaging cameras.

Really hate dealing with them most times.

They are they who shall not me mentioned in my realm as well.

On my flight from Ottawa to Toronto I noticed a RCN LCdr wearing relish. Getting deployed I would assume?

On my flight from Ottawa to Toronto I noticed a RCN LCdr wearing relish. Getting deployed I would assume?

Or employed with a CA organization not unlike myself. Where I first got to the CBG HQ we had a LT Adj, PO1 Fin and myself. All Naval folks in CADPAT.

But wearing the combats travelling domestically? Weird.
Why was he wearing uniform at all? Having not worked in the NCR, are flight to/from Ottawa/Toronto so short and frequent that you would potentially be going directly from the flight to your place of business?

Why was he wearing uniform at all? Having not worked in the NCR, are flight to/from Ottawa/Toronto so short and frequent that you would potentially be going directly from the flight to your place of business?
I’ll confront him. 🤪🤣

And its too noticeable. Security wise its not a good sight.
I'm not sure there is much/any security risk in members wearing uniform on business travel. It looks out of place, and draws attention, but beyond the risk of a member having a couple too many wobblies at the bar, there isn't really any risk.

I'm not sure there is much/any security risk in members wearing uniform on business travel. It looks out of place, and draws attention, but beyond the risk of a member having a couple too many wobblies at the bar, there isn't really any risk.
I occasionally wore CADPAT on commercial flights if I was going straight off the plane into a meeting.

Lost him in shytehole that is Pearson Airport (gawd that place is a dump now) so I wasn't able to ask what his deal was.

I occasionally wore CADPAT on commercial flights if I was going straight off the plane into a meeting.
I've travelled in uniform a couple of times, for the same reason.

I think the CAF should be seen in uniform more often, but I also understand why people prefer to travel in civies.

I've travelled in uniform a couple of times, for the same reason.

I think the CAF should be seen in uniform more often, but I also understand why people prefer to travel in civies.
Hell, I walk to work and would rather change at work, so I don't get accosted by weirdos.

Hell, I walk to work and would rather change at work, so I don't get accosted by weirdos.
I see far more weirdos walking to work downtown than I see in airports... hell, most of the weirdos work int he same building as me. :ROFLMAO:

I've been out since before the new NCDs became regular, I'm re-enrolling pretty soon here (NavRes) when I was at the unit in August I noticed nearly everyone was wearing the new NCDs, but some wearing the old stuff. I assume we still haven't got up to speed fully with the new NCDs?

I've been out since before the new NCDs became regular, I'm re-enrolling pretty soon here (NavRes) when I was at the unit in August I noticed nearly everyone was wearing the new NCDs, but some wearing the old stuff. I assume we still haven't got up to speed fully with the new NCDs?
The coasts are apparently all switched over, but some of us in the middle of the country are still wearing the older version. I expect there will be a mix of the two uniforms for a while yet. My understanding is that Ottawa units were going to start switching in Dec, but I have been out of town working so I'm not tracking anything.

It was supposed to be rolled out by rank, with Jr. Pers getting the new uniforms, and more senior people switching as it became more available. It may be the case that your new unit is in the middle of transitioning to the new uniforms.

Back